Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Richards question/Opinion is Technically right!!

It's not though. You can buy before you sell. "Sell-to-buy" means that the net deals should balance at the end. It does not mean you must rigidly do them in that order.

But as we say, it's irrelevant for us anyway.

It is right tho. I hear what you are saying BOF (and its (hopefully) is irrelevant to us) but -

Lets say you run a restaurant.

You dont go and buy a shite load of ingrediants on the HOPE that loads of people come in.

What you do is say, right its a Monday night, we have 12 booked, and its forecast rain so we wont get many walk ins. And then you go and buy the necessary ingrediants that you think you will need.

Now, you dont go and buy david Bentley on the back of paper rumours about James Milner. You get an agreement with Man City for example (and even then you run the risk of a transfer falling through), and then go and buy bentley. The Bentley transfer might be finalised before the Milner transfer but that doesnt mean you have bought before you have sold.

One problem with your example is that we're not a restaurant.

If we were then I'm sure Randy Lerner has enough money and faith in the manager that if Martin O'Neill (Restaurant Manager - for you Woodytom) told him "we really need to buy this widescreen tv! It'll bring in loads of business" then he'd fork out the cash knowing that it'd end up paying for itself.

:lol:

Nice to see the thread has been draged way OT because of certain daft points of view again. Pretty similar to at least one other thread recently.

Not much action today in terms of incoming player rumours?

Echoes alot of my thoughts, MON is a fool for this, the majority of us can see exactly what he is saying!

Aston Villa: Luke Young admits he'll leave Villa Park this summer

LUKE Young fears his Villa days are numbered after confessing he has done everything in his power to force his way into Martin O’Neill’s plans.

Young is resigned to leaving Villa Park this summer despite admitting his strong affection for the football club and the supporters.

Other than occasional runs in O’Neill’s first team, Young felt a peripheral part of the squad last season despite being “in the shape of my life”.

His agent met with O’Neill earlier this month and was told Young could leave as soon as the club decided a price and a matching bid was received.

But Young insists he has never had a bust-up with the manager and will leave Villa with regret if he moves to a new club this summer.

The 30-year-old denies he has ever complained about being used out of position at left-back and would happily play anywhere for Villa.

“I’ve been fighting for my position but it never seems as if it’s been a fair fight,” said Young.

“I don’t want to leave Aston Villa because it’s a great club, but I don’t know what more I’ve got to do to get into the team.

“I feel fitter than I’ve ever felt, I’m in the shape of my life, and I think my form has been good whenever I have played.

“I’ve been working with reserve coach Kevin MacDonald, which has been great for me, and I’m always as professional as possible when I train.

“Other than the Chelsea game, when the whole team had a nightmare including me, I think I can hold my head up high about all of my performances.

“It just seems that however hard I work in training or however well I do in games that I don’t get judged by the same standards as some players.”

http://tinyurl.com/MON-thick

By the way VERB27 why wouold you want to pay £9m for Yossi who is 30 years of age?

Because i think his creativity in midfield would be priceless to us, plus looking at his play for liverpool i would hypothesize a good 3 season yet to come out of him. Why wouldn't you pay 9m for him?

West Ham are after Thierry Henry, if theyv'e got the nuts to try things like this, we surely must be able to ourselves. Must be worth a punt, even for a year and high wages?

I don't think anyone has said we're incapable of buying players that are past it and are looking for one final payday.

Henry is lined up fora move to the new York redbulls I believe, no disrespect to JPA but that should tell you all you need to know....

West Ham are after Thierry Henry, if theyv'e got the nuts to try things like this, we surely must be able to ourselves. Must be worth a punt, even for a year and high wages?

I don't think anyone has said we're incapable of buying players that are past it and are looking for one final payday.

Henry is lined up fora move to the new York redbulls I believe, no disrespect to JPA but that should tell you all you need to know....

Mate you've got to admit that even if "he's past his best", his average is better than a shitload of strikers!? He could be that sub who can turn a game on it's head with a moment of brilliance! Alla Berger, or even the way Phillips is used at Brum.

Also a star quality which would undoubtedley boost our profile.