Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walcott & Gabby upfront would be one of those signings that could work or could flop.

It could be devastating with the pace between them - but only if O'Neill could drill it into them that they have to concentrate on their positioning and movement.

On the other hand - if it flopped then Walcott could drop to the right wing, Ash can stay on the left and Downing could be used for rotation to keep them both fresh (But then we'd be back to square one - needing a new striker).

do people still consider Walcott a striker? when was the last time he played up front. Never at Arsenal in my recollection. Hes a winger now and we have better.

The last time I recall him playing up front was when he scored a hattrick for England I think.

He can play wide or up front and whilst we have good wingers, he would definitely add a lot to our team.

Christ, it would be hard enough a job to get him here. We're not too good for him I assure you.

Walcott & Gabby upfront would be one of those signings that could work or could flop.

It could be devastating with the pace between them - but only if O'Neill could drill it into them that they have to concentrate on their positioning and movement.

On the other hand - if it flopped then Walcott could drop to the right wing, Ash can stay on the left and Downing could be used for rotation to keep them both fresh (But then we'd be back to square one - needing a new striker).

do people still consider Walcott a striker? when was the last time he played up front. Never at Arsenal in my recollection. Hes a winger now and we have better.

I do.

He has that clinical finish which we miss a lot of the time.

The problem with him playing on the wing is that he's too prone to use his pace. He wears himself out and doesn't have the same effect for the last 30/40 minutes.

Upfront he could conserve his energy and make shorter runs into dangerous positions (Although the fitness part could be temporary and due to his injuries)

Would anyone take Mascherano ?

Is this a serious question?

I should imagine Mascherano will be setting his sights a little higher than Villa big chief.

Though whilst we're on the subject, would anyone take Torres and Gerrard?

I don't think Mascherano would take us, :lol:

I dont know so much, stranger things have happened.

I raise the question because elsewhere I have seen that some people do not actually rate him and wondered what the thought on here was.

I don't think Mascherano would take us, :lol:

I dont know so much, stranger things have happened.

I raise the question because elsewhere I have seen that some people do not actually rate him and wondered what the thought on here was.

He's one of the best in the world at what he does. We have absolutely no chance of signing him.

Actually, and I am speaking seriously.

If Liverpool sell Gerrard and Torres for a ridiculous amount, I honestlythink it would be the best thing to happen to them - and thus, I hope they stay there.

Gerrard is well, well, well past his best and is not the player he was.

Torres has done what many other top strikers have done (including Brian Little and Michael Owen) , had a crippling injury that they will never recover from. It has took away that explosive speed over a few yards that gave him the space to begin with. He will still get 10-15 goals a season as he is clinical - but his injuries will mean he will never get into the positions he used to.

If Liverpool get money for them, they will be laughing all the way to the RBS !.

Mascherano wants Barcelona. There's no way in hell he'd come here. Even if they don't want him, that's where his head is.

Mascherano wants Barcelona. There's no way in hell he'd come here. Even if they don't want him, that's where his head is.
Yes I thought that was the case as well and was urprised to see some people, not on here it seems, didn't rate him that highly.

Not saying for one minute I think he'll come here btw

Actually, I think Mascherano is one of the most overrated players on the planet and an odeous little shit to boot.

So no, I wouldn't want him.

Barcelona? My arse. He wouldn't get in their reserve team.

I don't think we'd get Mascherano. but i'd certainly take him if we could.

It would certainly end the "Petrov or NRC" debate because, as someone else said, there's not many better at what he does.

I don't think we'd get Mascherano. but i'd certainly take him if we could.

It would certainly end the "Petrov or NRC" debate because, as someone else said, there's not many better at what he does.

Oh I dont know. I think Michael Brown is much better at running around fouling everyone and gobbing off to the ref.