Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

After watching the Fulham game last night, i have to say i was impressed with Dickson Etuhu. He looked full of energy, he always seemed to be there to intercept a pass and he made a few good passes out wide.

Reckon a 3m-4m bid could be a good shout.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, i thought exactly the same. We were linked with him last summer so last night I found myself thinking "He actually looks very good, I wouldn't mind him"

After watching the Fulham game last night, i have to say i was impressed with Dickson Etuhu. He looked full of energy, he always seemed to be there to intercept a pass and he made a few good passes out wide.

Reckon a 3m-4m bid could be a good shout.

I agree I thought he looked good.

Has be been any good outside of the final? Haven't seen him play this year, but I'd hate to get a player on the back of a good performance in a Europa Cup final which was the highlight of his career. Can he play at that standard game after game or was it a one of?

Has be been any good outside of the final? Haven't seen him play this year, but I'd hate to get a player on the back of a good performance in a Europa Cup final which was the highlight of his career. Can he play at that standard game after game or was it a one of?

I'm surprised people are talking up Etuhu after last night's game. He did a decent job of sitting back and intercepting play but his touch looked heavy and he just looked laboured on the ball.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread and I'll say it again: Muamba. He clears everything up like Etuhu, but seems a lot more composed.

cant see petrov being replaced

If he's not we will be in trouble. His legs have gone and he's not getting any younger, if he's anymore that a squad player next season then it won't bode well for the season.

Hasn't it?

A blog, I think it's called - Caught Offside

Manchester City Line Up £45m Aston Villa Duo Move: Mancini Wants Agbonlahor and Ashley Young

Manchester City will this summer attempt an audacious Villa Park raid as they look to sign England pair Gabriel Agbonlahor and Ashley Young.

Roberto Mancini has placed both attackers at the top of his summer wish list and hopes to convince the duo that they are more likely to fulfill their Champions League aspirations at Eastlands than at Aston Villa.

Mancini is looking to increase his ‘homegrown’ contingent ahead of the new Premier League regulations set to come into force next season and believes that a bid in the region of £45m could tempt Randy Lerner into cashing in on the pair, especially after seeing his side fail to break into the top four.

Having persuaded former Villa captain Gareth Barry to make just such a move, Manchester City hope to make a successful move for both players by offering them huge pay increases. Gabriel Agbonlahor has had the best season of his career but was unable to force his way into the England’s provisional World Cup squad and left winger Ashley Young was similarly overlooked by Fabio Capello.

Roberto Mancini is apparently keen on reshuffling his City pack and wants to refresh his attacking options and sees the intelligent England pair as just the players to help him push towards the top four next season.

That describes Young and Agbonlahor as "the intelligent England pair" I think on that basis alone we can rule it out.

(If not let's at least hold out for £50m!)

Makes sense, you have to say when this pair are playing to there full potential they can be devastaing, as we have all had the pleasue of.

Intelligent England pair, well one way to answer that, they aren't playing for England.

None of this would surprise me, they are reporting on sky that MON has been instructed by RL to get rid of at least 6 players, not on Sky its also been commented that Milner is staying.

Are Micah Richards and Nedem Onouha both right backs?

If so, has anyone seen Onouha play much recently?

He was in the England under 21's and hasn't got any game time at City. Could be a decent buy if we are resigned to selling Young.

He was in the England under 21's and hasn't got any game time at City. Could be a decent buy if we are resigned to selling Young.

Onouha? He only played 16 games this season, 6 of those as a sub. I like him, good player, young, English. Could be right up MONs street.

Onouha? He only played 16 games this season, 6 of those as a sub. I like him, good player, young, English. Could be right up MONs street.

I knew it! I could be one of MON's scouts for sure..

I don't think Onouha would cost much and I reckon he'd be happy to leave City (and like you said, he is a MON type of signing).

Ok.. my (newest) wish list:

Nedem Onouha

Stephen Ireland

Jimmy Bullard

Stephen Fletcher

Kevin-Prince Boateng

"New Striker"

I'd like to think that'd be funded by the sales of fringe players and a small input from Randy.