Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Right here it is, the big topic of the summer........ all unfounded speculation, wish we could sign player X and all that other nonsense that isn't allowed to have a topic of its own, post it in here please. And please do try and respect each others opinions

So who's going to start us off?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Jermain Defoe is holed up in a Hotel just outside of Lichfield - he's ready to sign :!:

Seriously - if this thread can be taken thus! I'd like us to bring in another striker, a central midfielder, back up right back and left back

My (trying to be realistic without going all FM!) wishlist is something like:

Striker: Cole (West Ham) Fletcher (Burnley)

Midfielder: Ireland (Citeh), Jurado (At. Madrid)

Right Back: Clyne (Palace)

Left Back: some random starlet spotted at the WC!

In:

Strikers - Doyle (8), Keane swap for JC??

Midfielders - two out of NZogbia, Dorrans or Ireland (all about £8m each)

Defenders - Clyne (3), LB (3)

Keeper - Hart (8)

Spend £38m

Out:

JC (swap for Keane or 3 to 4)

Heskey (3)

Harewood

Sidders (4)

Salifou

Beye (2)

Shorey (3)

Cuellar (8) - only because he is the most saleable of our CBs and we have to many and only if RM are still interested?

Raise £20m

Net spend £18m.

Just to get it out of the way, we would need to bid £30 million to even try to sign Darren Bent.

Please don't suggest him, please! It's close to impossible.

30m for bent is ridiculous, but for some unknown reason true, you could get for 30m: sergio aguero, forlan, van persie?, anelka?, gomez, klose, the list of far better players for 30m could go on and on.

to help us focus on realistic options we should probably list all the players listed in squads at teams finishing 11-20th in the premier league, celtic, rangers and the championship squads cause we ain't signing our players from anywhere else - guaranteed!

£2 to VT ( cause I'm skint ) per player for all signings we make which come from outside the above mentioned zones.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm,let me think..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ..ermmmmmmmmmmmmm.........cant think of any........nope.........it just aint happening.............he's too dear,he wouldn,t come.........he's a clearing in the woods.............thats it,got some .......peter withe,gary shaw,tony morley,alan evans,hissing sid,dennis mortemer................................................cruyf,pele,........who's the tit who woke me up

Stand by to be linked with Jermain Jenas, Bobby Zamora, Carlton Cole, Kevin Prince Boateng, Kevin Doyle, Robbie Keane, Jimmy Bullard, Scott Parker, Aidan McGeady.

A couple of things will not happen. We'll not sign anyone on the back of a performance in the world cup tournament. We'll not sign anyone before September the 57th!! Oh for another frustrating window before we realise that MON has got it right, again!!