Jez

Drogba officially leaving Chelsea. Not a bad way to go out, easily the greatest player in the club's history.

arguably Lampard has been better

but

Zola says Hi as well ....

People so easily forget El Tel, Crab Wilkins, Chopper Harris, The Cat, David Speedie, Jimmy Greaves (157 games; 124 goals, Drogba 225 games, 100 goals...), Jody Morris, etc, etc...

Id have Drogba as best Chelsea player ive seen. His signing was key to them start winning trophies.

His best performace was definitely a 4-1 at Anfield in 2005 when he didnt score but bullied Carragher and think set up all 4 goals. If i remember FSW and some Liverpool players were giving him abuse in press before the game

Is anyone getting pretty tired of Eden Hazard's long drawn out decision on who he moves to?

Who cares? He's acting as if it's the biggest decision that's ever been made.

I'd really like him to eventually announce he's chosen Man United, and for Fergie to say "No thanks" and leave him going with his tail between his legs to whoever else wants him (Citeh I assume)

I don't think it would be even close if Chelsea fans, who watch them closely every week, were discussing this. Lampard would win be an absolute landslide. Drogba has actually had a very mixed time whilst at Cheslea. For his first 2 seasons whilst not considered a flop, he wasn't seen a big success either. In the 6 seasons since he's actually been dissapointing in 4 of them, failing to get into double figures in the Prem on 3 occassions. He scored vital goals at the end of this season, but this doesn't negate his form over the majority of the last 2 years. Everyone remembers him for the 2006/7 and 2009/10, but what about the other seasons, where his form has been very patchy, do these just get forgotten?

Arse apparently bid £3m for Joe Allen from Swansea.

It's like banging your head against a brick wall for Arsenal fans isn't it.

If you are a chairman, there can be no better manager for you than Wenger.

£3m is on the verge of disrespectful for Allen.. Arsenal fans dreaming of Huntelaar etc I just don't see it.

IF they sell RVP they should be at the very least aiming for players at his level.

problem is he loses the benefit of slipping under the radar like tiote and somehow cabaye did, on a free at 22 not much can go wrong IMO but he'll get loads of attention from the rags and the fans expecting him to be the next in the line of gems

how come no one ever mentions marveaux or obertan when listing newcastles signings?

Is anyone getting pretty tired of Eden Hazard's long drawn out decision on who he moves to?

Who cares? He's acting as if it's the biggest decision that's ever been made.

I'd really like him to eventually announce he's chosen Man United, and for Fergie to say "No thanks" and leave him going with his tail between his legs to whoever else wants him (Citeh I assume)

It's very easy to tune out of these things though. Just dont watch Sky Sports News and the whole saga will pass you by until he decides to sign for somebody. It's not Hazard's fault the media are making his transfer into a huge saga, he is a young man who is about to move overseas for a long period of time so you cannot blame him for taking his time to make the right decision for his career. I guess I want him to join Manchester City because if he goes there then they will sell on at least one of their wide players (probably Johnson?) as they wont be able to offer much football to him and then we get to see another good player get regular football in the Premier League.

If Hazard goes to Chelsea or Manchester United then we probably wont see as many other players move as a result of the transfer because there is a very good chance he will just replace one of their ageing stars.

Chelsea really are slashing their wage bill this summer

Chelsea are set to release both Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa when their contracts expire in the summer.

I wonder with their new shiny trophy they splash some mega money this summer?

They sorta need to, that team is showing it's age and showing the cracks. The last 2 seasons saw a gap open up between them and the title and it needs investment to sort out.