Jez

There was talk of Chelsea including Anelka in the deal which I think would actually make a bit of sense - at their age, neither Anelka or Drogba will want to be on the bench and a part exchange might solve a number of potential problems at once.

Indeed. And Anelka doesnt play that well alongside Drogba either. All his best football in a Chelsea shirt has been played when Drogba has been injured, suspended or away on international duty.

I don't think they will sell him this window.

It makes more sense to wait till summer and sell him then. Probably get other clubs bidding and up the price as well.

There isn't much point selling now as they cant spend the money they recieve. It will just cause disruption to flog im at the end of the window.

The only way I can see it is if they actually need the money to cover the cost of Suarez but they looked like buying him before Torres decided to go.

Spurs have bid for half of La Ligas strikers tonight apparantly. With massive bids for Aguero, Rossi, Llorente, and Negredo just confirmed on SSN. The bid for Aguero was apparantly £38.5 million and Rossi £30 million according to their Spanish correspondant. Bloody hell Harry! And only earlier today he said he isn't in for a striker now.

Chelsea will try to push through the signing of Fernando Torres on Monday with a stunning £95million transfer package they believe will trigger an escape clause in the Liverpool striker’s contract.

Roman Abramovich is ready to commit the staggering sum to secure the service of Torres, with £50m needed to activate the clause they are now confident exists.

A further £45m will be guaranteed to the 26-year-old in a five-year deal that would see him earn £175,000 a week.

http://tinyurl.com/6h5hwkf

Doubt it's true but..bloody hell.

Hang on, didn't Liverpool say they'd sell him for £50m? Also, I heard there was no escape clause.

I smell bullshit. Wouldn't like to see it happen either as that would be a ridiculously high amount of money for Liverpool to use to strengthen.

Why is it always mondays where interesting things happen in the football world. From my recollection of the last couple of months Hughton and Allardyce were sacked on a Monday, Darren Bent handed in a transfer request on a Monday and now this.

Also, MON resigned on a MONday (see what I did there? :lol:)