Jez

mourinho makes it sound like it wasnt him, plenty of rumours that they also had a higher offer from PSG but cech's family is set up in london, think part of it is chelsea almost saying thank you for your service, dont take the piss out of the bloke, he's been brilliant for them, they bought a replacement and demoted him, dont then be bastards when its time to sell him, its a move that suits everyone

So Cech has gone to Arsenal. Interesting.

Good signing but reported £11m seems a lot

Nah.  Others have said the same, but it's a good deal for all involved.  Chelsea make a (small) profit, Arsenal get a world class goalkeeper and Cech gets a move to a club worthy of his talents.    He's only just turned 33, as in a few weeks ago. He doesn't turn 34 until next season is practically over and he still has four or five seasons in him.  I'm surprised it's only supposedly a three year contract. I wonder if there is an option for a fourth year? 

Arsenal are going to be some serious title contenders next year    

(in before they say that every year)

They will finish 3rd or 4th, again. 

They'll either start really well and struggle around Christmas and have a strong finish, or start really slow and have a belting end to the season.

Happens every year. ;)

Georginio Wijnaldum linked to Sunderland for £15m. Pricey but a good player. They seem keen to not be in the shit next season. Hopefully Sherwood will be backed to do the same.

Surely he will go somewhere better than there?

They'll either start really well and struggle around Christmas and have a strong finish, or start really slow and have a belting end to the season.

Happens every year. ;)

Before this year this would have said "finish 4th again". theres been huge progression in their side past 2 years. And to even suggest its the same Arsenal is silly. They approached top 6 games infinitely better last season and with having Coq in the side from the start of the season prob would have made them easily secure 2nd.

That Bellerin looks very impressive for somebody who had to be blooded in very quickly and they have jenkinson back who had an excellent season at West Ham. + not having Mert play every single game i just dont see how theyre not going to finish at least 2nd

Edited by gharperr

Happens every year. ;)

Before this year this would have said "finish 4th again". theres been huge progression in their side past 2 years. And to even suggest its the same Arsenal is silly. They approached top 6 games infinitely better last season and with having Coq in the side from the start of the season prob would have made them easily secure 2nd.

That Bellerin looks very impressive for somebody who had to be blooded in very quickly and they have jenkinson back who had an excellent season at West Ham. + not having Mert play every single game i just dont see how theyre not going to finish at least 2nd

Nah, can't see it. They lack the mentality imo.

I'll happily have a bet that they wont finish in the top 2 next season bro... £10? 

Edited by PieFacE

big money, big wage plus injury prone mid 30s goalkeeper gets a long term deal

sounds like a Villa signing 

Injury prone? When was the last time Cech missed a game due to injury, 2008?

He is 33 and a goal keeper. He easily has 4-5 years in him. This was an excellent signing by Arsenal. Cech is still top 5-10 ina the world, if not top 5. 

Champions League semi final last season springs to mind

Last time Cech played less than 40 matches a season, was the 07-08 season. Since then, he has played 4 seasons with 50+ matches and the rest where in the mid 40s. If that is injury prone, I think you can say every player in the world is injury prone.

Cech has actually played more matches than Neuer barring this past season when he was a back up. Is Neuer injury prone? 

£11m is cheap for Cech, imo.

If it wasn't for the fact that he had an absolute superstar in the making ahead of him at Chelsea then Cech would most likely still be number 1 for the league champions.

he's still an excellent goalkeeper and he'll improve Arsenal a huge amount. They've lacked a decent keeper since Lehmann. Szczesny is shite.

£11m is cheap for Cech, imo.

If it wasn't for the fact that he had an absolute superstar in the making ahead of him at Chelsea then Cech would most likely still be number 1 for the league champions.

he's still an excellent goalkeeper and he'll improve Arsenal a huge amount. They've lacked a decent keeper since Lehmann. Szczesny is shite.

I think Chelsea could regret this. With a few more additions and a bit of luck with injuries I can see Arsenal seriously challenging for the title this season.