Jez

Michu was hardly any cop last season, not surprised.

Good half season -> signs big(ger) money contract -> goes very average all of a sudden.

...or had a great season, followed it up by moving to a new league, had an even better season. SIgned a new contract, got injured, picked up a lot of niggly injuries and never got a run of games to find any kind of fitness or form.

Michu was hardly any cop last season, not surprised.

Good half season -> signs big(ger) money contract -> goes very average all of a sudden.

...or had a great season, followed it up by moving to a new league, had an even better season. SIgned a new contract, got injured, picked up a lot of niggly injuries and never got a run of games to find any kind of fitness or form.

benteke_2547815b.jpg

Stolen from Twitter, but I feel like this needs to be posted. English players are so stupidly overhyped and overpriced.

AC Milan got £50m for Zlatan & Thiago Silva

Southampton are receiving £60m for Shaw & Lallana.

4450__2825__lallana1000c_513X307.jpg

Genuinely feel for Southampton

I did but then thought they've got £55m for two (by no means world class) players, all of which will be reinvested from what I've heard and they've got themselves a good manager in Koeman.

I do hate the fact that if any new team dares to do well in the premier league though they get totally and utterly raped.  Where's the incentive?  Happened to us when we were half decent too.

I think the thing that makes me sympathise with them the most is that we were in almost the exact same situation 4/5 years ago, then we got picked apart, had a bit of mis-management and now look at us. I doubt they'll have the cost-cutting we had but I hope Koeman is allowed to re-invest enough to keep them mid table.

It'll be sad to see another team get close to the top to be immediately swatted back down by the "big boys".