Jez

Damien Duff has signed for Melbourne City in the A League

When I saw the headline "Damien Duff joins Villa..." I must admit I got a bit nervous!

Then I realised it was followed by "...at Melbourne"

• Like 2

Chelsea have an insane amount of talent. They've done a great job over the last few years.

how many young english players do you think they'll be able to over pay and not play before someone at the FA says something about it?

they won a fair bit at youth level this year, got a few players again in the england U19 winning team, id be willing to bet none of them make their breakthrough at chelsea, their record of bringing through youth team players is shocking, but yet they have a policy of going round buying young english talent  :unsure:

Damien Duff has signed for Melbourne City in the A League

When I saw the headline "Damien Duff joins Villa..." I must admit I got a bit nervous!

Then I realised it was followed by "...at Melbourne"

I got really exited when I saw "Messi to Villa" last week, then I realised it was just a old match report describing some attacking play from Barcelona. :( 

Great player, but if I was in charge of Barca, I would've spent all the money on Pogba.

Pogba is unbelievable, but I feel like he'd be somewhat wasted in Barcelona. He has a lot of attributes that wouldn't fit their tight spaces.

Edited by Rovers13

guardian reporting arsenal want cleverley and smalling :lol:

Some of the article is hilarious:

"Quite why Wenger would desire a small, tricky playmaker such as Cleverley having passed up the opportunity to sign Cesc Fábregas because he is so well stocked in that area is anyone’s guess, but Wenger knows."

"A bid for Smalling to cover for the losses of Sagna and Vermaelen makes more sense, apart from the fact the former Fulham man is rubbish both at right-back and in the centre of defence."

Great player, but if I was in charge of Barca, I would've spent all the money on Pogba.

Pogba is unbelievable, but I feel like he'd be somewhat wasted in Barcelona. He has a lot of attributes that wouldn't fit their tight spaces.

I agree. Pogba is a Patrick Vieira type player, he doesn't really fit into the system at Barcelona. That system is probably why they were happy to sell another similar player in Yaya Toure.

Yeah, it's not to be sniffed at.  Mind you, he probably already has more money than he knows what to do with. You can't play 750 games for Barcelona without earning an absolute fortune on the way.