The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Any of you Bundesliga boys, (and girls), know when the fixtures for the 2011/2012 season will be released? My girlfriend has friends in Munich and Hamburg, and i'd love to catch a game over there at the end of August if possible.

Munich would be my preferred choice. I went to Hamburg with Villa, the city is great. The stadium however will only serve to remind me of the utter raping Villa recieved on the pitch. Harewood was spearheading our attack that day, bad times!

Top 3 of Hertha Berlin, FC Augsburg and VfL Bochum are starting to pull away from the rest of the pack but it's anyone's guess between 'em, really. Bochum are sat in third (at the end of the season 3rd place in 2.Liga has a play-off against third bottom in 1.Liga for promotion) but have the best form at the moment, having gone undefeated since last December. I reckon it'll finish Berlin and Bochum going up in 1st and 2nd respectively, with Augsburg going into the play-off against either Wolfsburg or Stuttgart (and probably losing).

Hertha have got to go back up. I hate them personally but with the season they've had and the relatively decent players they kept they were always going to go straight back up.

aber 'Eiserne!!'

Ah, Union fan eh?

Anyone just watch St Pauli?

Went 1-0 down then had an equaliser disallowed for offside which was questionable. A minute later Schalke went and scored a second. Pauli then had two red cards, one a straight red for a shocking tackle. But on the 89th minute the linesman was hit on the head by a plastic beer cup and the game was abandoned. The other linesman also said he had some coins thrown by him. The commentator was moaning but I think it was the right decision considering how little time there was left and the scoreline.

What a disgrace and hopefully it will stop people saying St.Pauli fans are brilliant.

Hope they get a stadium ban and points deducted and go straight back down to 2nd division

• 2 weeks later...

Very intersting weekend.

Gladbach demolish Koln 5-1, I still somehow think they'll get out of it, dunno why.

Another dreadful result for Stuttgart, I think them and St Pauli will be the bottom two and Magath will save Wolfsburg in the play offs.

And what about the top.

Suddenly Dortmund are faltering and the lead from Leverkusen is only 5 points with 5 games left.

Another dreadful result for Stuttgart

Yeah :hooray: One man's dreadful is another man's great. Kaiserslautern put some fresh air between themselves and the drop. I think we'll stay up now.

Suddenly Dortmund are faltering and the lead from Leverkusen is only 5 points with 5 games left.

doesnt matter if its only them chasing as they are not called Neverkusen for nothing :D

Gladbach demolish Koln 5-1, I still somehow think they'll get out of it, dunno why.

Wish I thought the same, new gaffer is working out well but I still fear it's too little too late. That said, can't help but smile about the result. Seriously, Marco Reus; gonna be better than Marin.

Getting a little nervous now, but obviously Dortmund still have the title in their hands. They definitely have the squad to do it.

I've not seen anything of the Hamburg game as yet, but from what I've read we dominated the match anyway, missing plenty of chances and hitting the woodwork twice. Nice to hear that Kuba scored a screamer - he's had a couple of shocking misses this season!

• 2 weeks later...
Â