The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Dear non-specific imaginary diety,

If you can let 1.FC Köln (and 'Gladbach) win today, I promise not to say a single bad thing about those scummy Köln bastards for the entirety of next season. Honest.

Dear non-specific imaginary diety,

Thanks, I owe you one. You even threw a Wolfsburg loss into the bargain, lo you are truly benevolent! If you could now see your way to a Hoffenheim and 'Gladbach win next week, I will stop sending death threats to Marko Marin.

Some fantastic games in the 2. Bundesliga. My team Union Berlin coming out 4-2 winners against Energie Cottbus. We led twice, pegged back twice until we scored 2 late goals to seal it.

BTW @ Gareth. Is it pronounced 'Ener-GAY' or Ener- GEE'?

It's 'Ener-gee'.

And I haven't been on here since we won the title, so... go Dortmund!

Amazing season to start following them and the Bundesliga. I've watched as many matches as possible and thoroughly enjoyed the football that they've played. Brilliant stuff. I think that if they can keep their squad together and make three or four decent additions to bolster the squad, they could really make a go of it in the Champions League next season. However, other teams will be hovering to pick off their best prospects. Şahin has been heavily linked to Real Madrid (apparently he has a €12m buy-out clause, which would be an absolute steal) but is supposedly 'torn' between whether to stay or go. I'd hate to see him leave, especially to Real. He's also been linked tenuously to Villa, which would be unbelievable, but I can't see why he'd want to come to us other than to play in the Premier League, in which case there would probably be interest from sides performing much better than ours. In addition to that, Götze is attracting some big interest, namely from Manchester United. Both Hummels and Subotic have been linked with Chelsea, too.

Of course, their best players are all very good and will be linked with moves to big teams. They could leave, and Klopp would certainly have a huge task on his hands to retain the title. However, if he can convince them to stay (they are after all a young squad - now German champions - who seem to get along very well, playing in front of huge and adoring crowds at the Westfalenstadion, with a shot at the Champions League next season) then I think this Dortmund side has the potential to become a big European force.

Heja BVB!

And of course, let's not forget Dortmund's generous contribution to 'Gladbach's survival campaign. :wink:

Şahin to Real's done, think Dortmund were just waiting to finalise bringing in İlkay Gündoğan as a replacement.

If I clenched any harder my arse would implode. Come next week there will definitely be tears, I just hope they're tears of joy.

As an avid follower of the Schwarzgelb, I'm disappointed that Sahin has decided to go. Of course, I can fully understand that when Real Madrid come looking for your signature it's difficult to say "no". I can just see him rotting on their bench for two seasons before being pushed out the door a la Van der Vaart/Sneijder.

Yup, the transfer has been confirmed. I despise Real Madrid, but I do hope that Nuri does well there. He could be fantastic alongside Alonso in central midfield, but he could also get pushed down the pecking order and never really make it. However, he certainly has the ability and attitude to go very far indeed.

I just hope Gündoğan can step into his shoes, which is a very big ask.

Your biggest concern with Gündoğan is going to be his fitness. He's been trying to shake off a recurring metatarsal problem for a while now, which is a worry at his age. The talent is definitely there though.

Just stay the **** away from Reus, okay? :P

All 3 sides (Wolfsburg, 'gladbach, Frankfurt) are away next week against sides with nothing to play for. That is going to be vehh interesting :D Though Frankfurt's opponent have nothing to play for because they're already champions...

Â