Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Victory - 9 wickets for Mo in the match, finished off by Sam Curran pretty appropriately too, England's two best players. 

Kohli though has been superb, and Pujara's 132 sticks out on the scorecard as something very impressive here

But onwards to the final test. Woakes in for Rashid assuming he's fit. I think they'll stick Mo at 3 for that one too. 

Cook, Jennings, Ali, Root, Bairstow Stokes, Buttler, Curran, Woakes, Broad, Anderson

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Cook, Jennings, Ali, Root, Bairstow Stokes, Buttler, Curran, Woakes, Broad, Anderson

Cook, Burns, Ali, Root, Stokes, Pope, Buttler, Curran, Woakes if fit - if not try one of the young quicks (the Warwicks lad or Tongue who's just got back in to the Worcs side), Broad, Anderson.

We've won the series so let's try a couple of people out.

Edit: As it's at The Oval then I'd definitely bring Burns in and Pope back.

Edit 2: On second thoughts, having looked at the fixture list, I'd drop Moeen and tell him to go and get some runs for his county. ;)

Edited by snowychap

36 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Cook, Burns, Ali, Root, Stokes, Pope, Buttler, Curran, Woakes if fit - if not try one of the young quicks (the Warwicks lad or Tongue who's just got back in to the Worcs side), Broad, Anderson.

We've won the series so let's try a couple of people out.

Edit: As it's at The Oval then I'd definitely bring Burns in and Pope back.

Edit 2: On second thoughts, having looked at the fixture list, I'd drop Moeen and tell him to go and get some runs for his county. ;)

That Tongue looks useful.

• Like 1

Cook has retired from England duties ( well after the final test ) Still carrying on with Essex. I guess not a huge surprise. The double hundreds of last year were obviously phenomenal but also outliers 8n the general run of form for a while. What cracking career though. Peak Cook was just so enjoyably reliable! That Ashes tour was so much fun :D

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Cook has retired from England duties ( well after the final test ) Still carrying on with Essex. I guess not a huge surprise. The double hundreds of last year were obviously phenomenal but also outliers 8n the general run of form for a while. What cracking career though. Peak Cook was just so enjoyably reliable! That Ashes tour was so much fun :D

I thought he retied at the start of this series   !!

announcing this now seems a shameless attempt to avoid being dropped as now he'll be given a last match at the Oval for a send off  instead of being rightfully dropped

Yep, nice one do drop out now we've wrapped up the series.  

He's had a great career.  In hindsight, him not having a steady partnership has cost him big time over the last few years.  At least when Trotty and Belly were playing, he had someone dependable and he wasn't solely relied on for getting runs in the opening positions.

I think the hard work now is finding 2(!) openers.

ALSO:

Got my Edgbaston tickets for days 1 & 3 for the Aussies next year - first time Edgabston has OPENED an Ashes Series, and I should be there for the most exciting bits :D

Bad head in work on day 2 I imagine :lol:  

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 3

Mr Cook I once sold you a bicycle
In bits
Kippers for breakfast though
And we all enjoyed that.

I once saw your face on bin
In South Africa 
I refused to throw my polos away
I was arrested on the spot.

You once told me that you'd eaten