Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Looking at the forecast there may be 60 to 70 overs more play. For England to win they need to really go for it with the bat for the next 25 overs, get a 240+ lead then stick the Aussies in and have 40 odd overs to bowl them out. Seems unlikely though. 

Yeah, thanks to all the rain incomimg an England win does seem unlikely in my view. Unless... unless we can maybe get a 240 lead in the next 15 overs rather in the next 25?! But that would really be one day stuff as that would mean scoring ten an over.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robby b said:

Yeah, thanks to all the rain incomimg an England win does seem unlikely in my view. Unless... unless we can maybe get a 240 lead in the next 15 overs rather in the next 25?! But that would really be one day stuff as that would mean scoring ten an over.

The only result that looks pretty much impossible is an England defeat so they may as well really go for it so maybe 10 an over from the next 15 odd overs isn't out of the question. I'd say though it is 80% likelihood of a draw.

Well, if we do end up only drawing this match despite an amaaazing innings from Crawley, although that would be really frustrsting, at least we can still draw the series, just like the last home Ashes, in 2019. And it would be the same score as then, a Desmond.

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Looking at the forecast there may be 60 to 70 overs more play. For England to win they need to really go for it with the bat for the next 25 overs, get a 240+ lead then stick the Aussies in and have 40 odd overs to bowl them out. Seems unlikely though. 

It's a shame they can't use common sense and stick an extra half hour or so on the first two days.  If Mo can bowl loads of overs it would help get more in, especially if he throws in some of his magic deliveries.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Stop playing test matches in Rainchester!

But imagine if after three matches instead of being 2-1 down we'd been 2-0 up... then we'd have been glad to be playing in rainy Rainchester !

It would be a real shame if the rain kills this match, the momentum is massively with England, not just in the match but in the series.

Aussies already lost Lyon and Starc picked up some injuries today it seems, that’s their two biggest threats (on paper) down. They looked rattled today, ragged in the field and no answer to the onslaught from Crawley and co. England might not need a lot of time to win this one, blast their way to 450 tomorrow and declare, maybe there’ll be enough gaps in the weather to take the wickets (Starc may be in some bother remember) and knock off any runs required (which you’d hope would be less than 150).

14 hours ago, robby b said:

The BBC forecast is rain tmrw until about 2pm. But Saturday will be a complete washout, heavy rain all day long. And Sunday's showing every hour as showers (some thundery) and/or sunny intervals. So it's not looking good for us having enough time to win.  : <

i put £20 on the draw at 9/4. wish i'd gone bigger now

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

They are doing that in 2027 but the ECB are getting pelters for it!

That's for having none up north at all.  They should keep Headingly on the schedule.

• Like 1

Â