Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

18 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Our fall of wickets was

176-5

297-6

Could really do with getting Khawaja out soon or just ripping through the tail. Think they’ll get pretty close to our total.

I think that stat is lobsided as England went out full Bazball whereas Australia playing a more traditional test cricket style.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I think that stat is lobsided as England went out full Bazball whereas Australia playing a more traditional test cricket style.

I’m not so sure it makes a difference besides the run rate. Khawaja has his eye in and Carey can bat. Cummins and Lyon are ok lower order batsmen to hold up an end.

It’s looking very similar to our innings unless we can get a couple of quick wickets.

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I’m not so sure it makes a difference besides the run rate. Khawaja has his eye in and Carey can bat. Cummins and Lyon are ok lower order batsmen to hold up an end.

It’s looking very similar to our innings unless we can get a couple of quick wickets.

It does as Bazball has more risk value so gives more wickets per run rate.

Other than that Broad no ball, the new ball has brought nothing. 

It's all very well having batters who can rattle off 400. But you need a bowling attack to keep the opposition under pressure. We're relying on 3 old me n.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Still can't see how Woakes doesn't get in this team. 

Always takes wickets. 

Always scores runs. 

Doesn't play for a Southern County.... or Lancashire :(

Mixed day, I’d say the games in the balance at the moment, first hour tomorrow could be massive potentially.

Of course the day could have looked significantly better if Broad had stayed behind the line (felt somewhat inevitable after the volume of no balls, largely from Broad and Stokes). Better wicket keeping might have seen another out too. Finely poised though and bodes well for the series as a competition.

Â