Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

sips-oop.gif

I think this was a captaincy balls up.

No way would I have made them follow on. Should have batted again and given NZ a huge total to chase.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

I think this was a captaincy balls up.

No way would I have made them follow on. Should have batted again and given NZ a huge total to chase.

Yep, and that would probably have put more pressure on them, being at home they would want to try and fight it out and chase the runs leaving us opportunities. 

I said yesterday if you make them follow on and you don't have an enormous lead, you leave them the chance of getting a half decent target. Then if you lose some early wickets the pressure is all on you which is exactly what's happened unfortunately. 

• Like 2

These 2 could bring this home on their own but the way this has gone I've just got no faith. 

Stokes has already had a couple of dodgy moments and is not really "in" yet he's faced so little. 

If this was Root and Brook I'd feel much more comfortable. That Brook for nothing was a real punch in the stomach. 

Female Kiwi commentator wants New Zealand to get a little bit of luck here. 

They've just had the world's most in form batsman run out for a duck. Does she also want the moon on a stick? 

• Haha 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Female Kiwi commentator wants New Zealand to get a little bit of luck here. 

They've just had the world's most in form batsman run out for a duck. Does she also want the moon on a stick? 

DHUTWU

• Haha 1

Stokes clearly injured. One batsman behind these two left in Foakes who had a horrible first innings... then its the walking cheap wickets of Broad, Leach and Anderson. If any of them have to bat the game is all but over. Still 90 to get... need Root and Stokes to get to at least the 50-to-go mark, but I said that about Duckett and Pope and both of them tossed away their wickets for nothing 

2 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

Stokes clearly injured. One batsman behind these two left in Foakes who had a horrible first innings... then its the walking cheap wickets of Broad, Leach and Anderson. If any of them have to bat the game is all but over. Still 90 to get... need Root and Stokes to get to at least the 50-to-go mark, but I said that about Duckett and Pope and both of them tossed away their wickets for nothing 

We've seen a clearly injured Stokes win tests before, the man is a lunatic. You have to worry about his long-term health, but I don't think it will be the injury that does for him today.

And Foakes is a good partnership builder in these kinds of situations, regardless of what he did in the first.

Think you're right though, an early wicket (especially if it's Root) makes this very unlikely.

Â