Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

Ian Bell on sky sports one in a mo on fantasy football club , naming his best 11 villa team ...

yes just saw it and am slightly bemused by his team really. Gabby on the left side of midfield?

Of all time ? Or is it just the past season !!!

England's overall batting performances for a few years now have been poor and often saved by a moment of brilliance by certain batsmen

Apart from beating Bangladesh in 2010, the last time England won the first test on tour was the 2004/2005 tour to South Africa. Absolutely abysmal.

Edited by Avfc96

Ian Bell on sky sports one in a mo on fantasy football club , naming his best 11 villa team ...

yes just saw it and am slightly bemused by his team really. Gabby on the left side of midfield?

Of all time ? Or is it just the past season !!!

of all time. Spink, Mellburg, Mcgrath, Laursen. Wright, Daley, Barry, Cowans, Gabby, Shaw, Benteke.

I think the series will be a lot more interesting if we can finish you off here. If you guys had won the first test we were probably looking at a comfortable series win but this should spice up the series.

Your bats will have a bit of time to get themselves in on the absolute road at Adelaide Oval next test and once Cook, Trott and Bell get going, we really struggle get them out.

Trott played the shot of a man who didn't believe they could save the test. Watson earlier in the day wasn't much better, but in a totally different situation.

I'm not sure Trott will get going in this series. A flaw has been exposed in his technique and Johnson has his number. It wasn't just the shot he got out with, it was his entre innings which was very unlike the old Trott. Mind you I've seen that before in 2007 at Warwickshire where he barely scored a run.

Yeah - I remember that Season. ^ ^ Those more 'senior' cricket fans may remember the Denis Lillee  v. Denis Amiss battles where Amiss was out of touch.  Jack Bannister (ex Warks !) was apparently scathing in his criticism of Trott - didn't hear it meself but a mate heard it on Radio 5 I think.

However - who would you bring in ? Gary Balance ?

No they have to stick with Trott. Balance for Root maybe if he fails again. Amiss didn't have a helmet when facing Lillee and Thompson. So there was genuine fear of being seriously hurt out there. and Thompson was arguably quicker than anybody playing today.Strange he had a great record against the windies but a poor one against Australia.

For England I think the most important thing is getting a couple of players in some form. This game can't be saved but a hundred for one of the batsmen would give them some much needed confidence going into the next game. 

• Like 1

Â