Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Yeah 8GB really stands out as WTF, especially against the monstrous other specs. I'd certainly be looking to get one if it had 16GB+. I'm not really interested in a micro-SD, they just complicate things, apps are reliant on the speed or quality of the SD, you've got FAT issues, dodgy ones causing problems, code to cope with loading and unloading, scanning etc. I just want enough space on-board. 16GB is just about enough, 8GB really isn't.

I'm not bothered about an SD card slot if there is enough storage already on the phone, but saying 8gb and no way to expand is just daft, isnt it? You can have apps weighing in at over a gig these days.

In the UK 3G access isn't as consistent as it should be (at least rurally), and our data plans are still relatively expensive (on contract). So if I relied on 'the cloud' for music, I'd struggle to get an internet connection when I wanted it and it could cost me a lot to stream. In a car for example, it would be impossible.

I liked what I saw of the LG Nexus but I can't rely on 8GB storage.

4G is very expensive on launch too, but I'll admit I have no idea what the coverage will be like.

Google wants to encourage cloud storage.

Yeah but over sales? 8gb is madness - it can't cost that much more at production to go 16gb ...... unless there are other Nexii coming and this is the "budget" version.

I'm going to buy both my brothers and my mother a nexus 7. I assume there is no whereto get a deal on buying 3 of them is there ?

Also for my mother I'd like to preinstall apps. Any suggestions? I assume the Kindle app would be good.

Trying to update to Jelly Bean. Still getting the busy message. :-(

I was getting it constantly. Tried at breakfast this morning at 6:30 and it updated first time.

It's a lot quicker...

How do I stop the blue light from flashing when I have a message? The misses has been moaning at me for it going of at night.

You could switch off notifications of a night?

Â