Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

Thanks for the advice. It was a present from the other half and she didn't buy it on credit card.

I've been looking around Google and none of the fixes seem to work. I took it to a shop yesterday that does repairs but he left me a message saying after looking at it he has seen a couple like it before and they have had to go back to Asus.

I havnt had chance to call the guy back I'll do it tomorrow and see what he says. Then I'll be in contact with Asus requesting something be done.

If they do insist its chargeable theres not much point in paying, the prices I've seen you might as well buy another one.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by phily85

There's no harm in trying Asus I guess, but you should really be talking to the people it was bought from. They have a legal obligation to arrange repair or replacement, Asus do not.

You might have to dig your heels in and argue your rights, but you shouldn't take no for an answer and you certainly shouldn't buy another one.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Has anyone changed their runtime to ART on their nexus 5? My mate recommended me to do it today, supposed to open apps quicker and improve battery.

Has anyone changed their runtime to ART on their nexus 5? My mate recommended me to do it today, supposed to open apps quicker and improve battery.

I did it, but changed back. There are some apps that really don't like it - Whatsapp doesn't work, or at least didn't when I tried it.

I can't remember noticing a huge difference, but now you mention it I might give it another go...

I did it, but changed back. There are some apps that really don't like it - Whatsapp doesn't work, or at least didn't when I tried it.

I can't remember noticing a huge difference, but now you mention it I might give it another go...

• Like 2

WhatsApp seems to be working OK. Think I'll use it for a bit and then decide, everything seems to be working OK at the moment.

Yeah everything that wasn't working before is now working fine. I now can't notice any difference instead of it breaks stuff, which is progress. I'm leaving it on now though because as Google improve more stuff around it, it'll get faster as time goes on.

I want to link my phone to my tablet so I can control what music it plays from my phone even if my tablet is across the room. Or Vice Versa.. Any apps for such a thing?

Hi guys,

In setting all my photo's to back up in Google+ I've discovered the 'Auto Awesome' feature which creates some great images, gifs and videos. 

It seemed to be working fine but now when I click on the auto awesome gifs in google+ they are not animating. I suspect they are being opened in a browser that doesn't support gifs. If I click the notification bell and the link there that I have some new auto awesome images they display correctly....? any ideas?

I've tried resetting all of my app defaults in settings but no joy. Any ideas?

Just put cyanogen on my s3 .......welcome back phone its the dogs bollox

Ok ... I'm a total layman with an S3. Sell it to me. Why should I do this. What benefits will I notice?

Â