Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

What a difference Cyanogenmod has made to my S3! Much smoother, less laggy and the battery seems to be lasting longer. Overall the phone is a pleasure to use for the first time in ages.

Thanks to those who reccomended giving it a go. I'm still not 100% convinced by android but it has a stay of execution :)

• Like 1

What a difference Cyanogenmod has made to my S3! Much smoother, less laggy and the battery seems to be lasting longer. Overall the phone is a pleasure to use for the first time in ages.

Thanks to those who reccomended giving it a go. I'm still not 100% convinced by android but it has a stay of execution :)

Completely agree about CyanogenMod - all the issues that seemed to be occurring with my S3 are now obsolete, its nice to know for the future that I can buy Samsung hardware but remove their god awful software.

• Like 1

How do I find where the music that I have downloaded from Google Play is stored?  I want to move it to my laptop.

It's stored as a random filename for each track. Not easily doable.

You either need to use the Music Manager PC app to download everything or use the browser as rev says above.

Not sure if I should post here or general chat but does anyone else have whatsapp on their phone? If so, is it working or currently down? I have an android galaxy blaze and it was working perfectly fine  yesterday, and then just stopped working. I've re-set my phone but when I even try to re-install nothing works in the play store or whatsapp yet my internet is just fine on my phone for all other things. I am not good at this stuff!!!

How did you go about doing it? Tried to do my mate's S3 LTE at the weekend and I just couldn't get clockworkmod installed.

Are there any pin lock apps for the Nexus 4? For some reason I find it struggles when I quickly tap my 4 digit pin code. Often misses numbers or comes up wrong pin so I have to repeat it slowly and precisely.

I don't seem to have the same issue on my work iPhone 4S.

How did you go about doing it? Tried to do my mate's S3 LTE at the weekend and I just couldn't get clockworkmod installed.

I just downloaded the app and software from the link a couple of pages back. Mine is standard but I think it is a bit trickier fir lte models.

I just downloaded the app and software from the link a couple of pages back. Mine is standard but I think it is a bit trickier fir lte models.

Wish the Cyanogenmod Installer would work with the i9305 and not just the i9300. It was my last hope so it seemed but the S3 LTE seems to be a bit neglected, I guess because it came out not too long before the S4 did.

9305 is supported if you want to do it manually. A little bit trickier but doable.

Install_CM_for_i9305

And the thread on XDA

Here's the info from earlier in the thread Anthony. The LTE model requires a little more fiddeling but very doable

My mom isn't. Bought herself a Nexus 4 before xmas.

No matter how many times I show her how to do stuff, she never changes anything, never downloads apps, never tries any games, nothing.

Doesn't really matter, but just frustrates me that she splashed out for a better phone, but doesn't use it.

Have sold my scuffed HTC One to Mazuma but before I send it off I want to download all my photos on the phone to my iMac.

Tried the simple Bluetooth method but my iMac didn't recognise the Android although it was set up to do so.

Have tried the completely useless HTC One Sync Manager which just crashes whenever I try to use it and then downloaded 'Android File Transfer' with the result that after plugging my HTC One into the USB port on the iMac and then opening the 'Android File Transfer' as per instruction it didn't recognise my HTC One and kept asking me to connect the phone which was already connected.

Now going to try downloading my photos onto the iPad Air to see if there's any joy?

Â