The 'Who Supports Who' topic

• 2 months later...

It's been a few years since I've watched the NFL but last week I decided I would get myself back into it.

Atlanta Falcons have always been my team.

Sat down last Sunday to watch their game against Saints and was surprised how good they looked for a team with 1-7.

Looking forward to watching them again this Sunday.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

New England. mainly (only) because they have 'England' in their name. Been following them since 84 when American football first came to C4. I have no deep interest in the sport so I've been thrilled to see their dominance really as I remember listening to them lose in 86 v Chicago (46-10) on Forces radio. The first team I actually followed were New York Jets until I noticed a team called New England, so I also have a soft spot for them.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I follow Clemson and in the NFL I used to follow the Patriots till they got rid of Brady.I now follow KC Chiefs ( mainly because of Nanhomes ) and I have a soft spot for the not very good Colts.I must admit though I enjoy watching Aaron Rodgers at Green bay and checking how the Buccaneers are doing now with Brady there.

33 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I follow Clemson and in the NFL I used to follow the Patriots till they got rid of Brady.I now follow KC Chiefs ( mainly because of Nanhomes ) and I have a soft spot for the not very good Colts.I must admit though I enjoy watching Aaron Rodgers at Green bay and checking how the Buccaneers are doing now with Brady there.

So, why are you not on a Scouserpool or Man Ure football forum?

Hmmm?

🤔

😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Sorry,I dont get it ?

International football fans (and, to be fair, quite a few UK folks) tend to follow the big teams or star players, such as Liverpool (Scouserpool)/Man Utd because they have a history of winning. Your original post echoed this because you've jumped off the Patriots ship and onto the ship of the reigning champions.

Sticking to one team is a far better ride!

20 hours ago, Beastmix said:

International football fans (and, to be fair, quite a few UK folks) tend to follow the big teams or star players, such as Liverpool (Scouserpool)/Man Utd because they have a history of winning. Your original post echoed this because you've jumped off the Patriots ship and onto the ship of the reigning champions.

Sticking to one team is a far better ride!

I havent jumped off the Patriots ship as you say and I am not a glory hunter.What you have to take into consideration is that if you live overseas ( Im in Perth W.Australia ) we dont get the stats of who is the best WR or which TE has the most yards etc etc etc.Over here you watch the game and because of all the substutes you can only keep track of the QB and the way the team plays.Seems to me that BG play really good with A.Rodgers and the Patriots played really good with Brady BUT since Brady has gone to the Buccaneers,they look better than the Patriots now.KC look virtually unbeatable since they got Nanhomes.So I watch the teams that play good,I must say though ( as I mentioned above ) I like the Colts even though they have never won anything that I know of.

I have been Watching Clemson for about 7 years but I must admit Ohio played really well against them and I watched Ohio play Alabama.That does not make me an Ohio supporter I just thought they played well this season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

I havent jumped off the Patriots ship as you say and I am not a glory hunter.What you have to take into consideration is that if you live overseas (Im in Perth W.Australia) we dont get the stats of who is the best WR or which TE has the most yards etc etc etc.Over here you watch the game and because of all the substitutes you can only keep track of the QB and the way the team plays.

I hear what you're saying, but you're in Perth, Australia and I'm in Cardiff, Wales... we both have time-zone issues, but we both have the same internet to research this stuff. What it looks like you're trying to say is you're a casual viewer and enjoy watching the big names, rather than being an actual supporter of those teams. Nothing wrong with that! I casually watch a number of sports.
Looks like the guys were only messing with you anyway.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beastmix said:

I hear what you're saying, but you're in Perth, Australia and I'm in Cardiff, Wales... we both have time-zone issues, but we both have the same internet to research this stuff. What it looks like you're trying to say is you're a casual viewer and enjoy watching the big names, rather than being an actual supporter of those teams. Nothing wrong with that! I casually watch a number of sports.
Looks like the guys were only messing with you anyway.

When I think about it,and when you put it like that then all I can say is that you are exactly right.I like watching the games but I am not interested enough to go on the net and research all the players in any given team.I suppose you could say that I am following certain quarterbacks because I was lucky enough to actually watch the Patriots play New Orleans Rams in London in 2012 but since Brady left I have only watched them twice but have watched all the Buccaneers games.I must say though that although I dont know any of the Clemsen players I have watched every one of their games that has been on TV for about the last 7 years. 

• Like 1

Â