468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

see two problems with this

city wont bid until late august forcing us only little time to get players in (expect panic buys like heskey and shorey)

and the other problem other clubs know we have money and will try rip us off

imo we'd be better off getting players plus cash,like Ireland Richards and 10m.

I agree this would work for me.

I think both Liverpool, spurs and man city approaches are also attempts to destabalise one of their close rivals.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with either jon or frans proposals

lets say we waanted keane spurs will instantly demand 10m i reckon and he isnt worth that amount at all, but because mon has left it so late (again) we may have no choice

lets say we waanted keane spurs will instantly demand 10m i reckon and he isnt worth that amount at all, but because mon has left it so late (again) we may have no choice

I think Davies could be used as part of a swap deal,been honest I don't think we should he paying cash in top of that straight swap for me..

I think MON is playing his usual shrewd waiting game, it worked out well enough last summer can't see why it wouldn't again.

Remember Citeh have about 10-12 players to shed from their squad by 1st September, so the closer they get to the end of the window with the excess, the more desperate they will be to get rid. Regardless of how much money the Sheiks have.

Cook and Mancini will know if they are paying tens of thousands for a bunch of players to just turn up for training each week, the first dip in Citehs form could cost them both their jobs.

I think we will get Ireland and either Richards or Onuoha, with or without Milners sale, but it won't be until the last few days of August.

I'm starting to believe that we will either get the 30m we are asking for or Milly will be a Villa player next season. I just don't see us shifting on the price of this one.

Eventually Man City will resign themselves to that fact that this is the case and they'll pay up. Most probably in the last few days of August.

Which could leave us somewhat shafted?

I think MON perhaps has to impose a deadline for this either way. A yay or nay at MON's price by the end of next week, or all negotiatrions are off for good, and we move on.

To string this out up to deadline day will not do Villa any good at all.

Or Randy knows (like everyone else knows) that Milner will bugger off at the end of August so he coughs up some transfer money on the basis that he'll get it back when Milner goes.

I'm starting to believe that we will either get the 30m we are asking for or Milly will be a Villa player next season. I just don't see us shifting on the price of this one.

Eventually Man City will resign themselves to that fact that this is the case and they'll pay up. Most probably in the last few days of August.

Which could leave us somewhat shafted?

I think MON perhaps has to impose a deadline for this either way. A yay or nay at MON's price by the end of next week, or all negotiatrions are off for good, and we move on.

To string this out up to deadline day will not do Villa any good at all.

Or Randy knows (like everyone else knows) that Milner will bugger off at the end of August so he coughs up some transfer money on the basis that he'll get it back when Milner goes.

well from what I have been hearing it's more to do with the wage bill and not transfer funds.

I think if we can get rid of a few players who don't play regularly and the wage bill comes down, I can see Randy giving us a few million to play with.

Yeah like when we overpaid for dunne and Collins.

Actually could you name me a player we overpaid for at the end of august because MOn left things late (again)

Mancini on SSN that he still hopeful on signing Milner.

I wish he would shut up and stop talking about our player. This really is the same thing that happened to Everton with Lescott last season, and that hurt them. Why don't we do what we did with Barry and set a deadline so that we can move on with our preseason preparations?

I wish he would shut up and stop talking about our player. This really is the same thing that happened to Everton with Lescott last season, and that hurt them. Why don't we do what we did with Barry and set a deadline so that we can move on with our preseason preparations?

He was actually pounced on after a match and he was very dismissive of the question and basically said "I dont know. Look, we've just played a match"

I dont think Mancini has been disrespectful at all and I think he has just keep getting asked same question plus it was VIlla who said Citeh bid for Milner so its not like he is like Arry and trying to unsettle player

Everyone's going on about the last few days of August. Surely our management team would have enough sense to say, "£30m was the price a month ago, when we had time to use it and get in a replacement. Since you've messed about in an attempt to weaken us until January, the price is now £45m."

Pay for him then and you can have him, douchebag.

It would really be stuipide to tell everyone that we have money avaliable... I guess we have, but we are just trying to be smart.

This year I think the waiting game will prove to be very smart!

Yes I hear that argument a lot.

I think it is only relevant if you have 40M plus to spend. When you are at our level I think the arguement is rubbish

I think it is only relevant if you have 40M plus to spend. When you are at our level I think the arguement is rubbish

I do not think so because if we have 20mp to spend and get 30 mp for Milner and 10mp for Sid, NRC, Heskey, Luke and Shorey that will give us aprox 60mp to spend and that sure is a lot of money...

I believe we will pull off the best transfer market we ever did this summer!

I do not think so because if we have 20mp to spend and get 30 mp for Milner and 10mp for Sid, NRC, Heskey, Luke and Shorey that will give us aprox 60mp to spend and that sure is a lot of money...

I believe we will pull off the best transfer market we ever did this summer!

I hope and pray you are correct , but I fear you are wrong ( even though i have as much to back my opinion up as you do ) Nout !!!!!