What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

People are forgetting that since the meeting Milner's agent has told the club that he will not be signing a new contract, that's what kicked the whole thing off and why MON threw the player rightfully under the bus.

Trouble is the bus can't move.....there is too many players under it.

I had to laugh at this, Well done TRO. :lol:

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not think that there has been a power game going on behind the scenes at Villa since January? I'm not saying there's a rift between Randy and Mon, but it seems reasonably clear that RL is unhappy with having to pay big wages to good footballers who hardly ever get the chance to kick a competitive ball for Villa. Mon has been told to sell these players in order to bring the wage bill down. It is only my opinion, but Mon has not taken kindly to being told what to do and with having restrictions placed upon him.

His reluctant and almost sarcastic reference to "sell to buy" two days ago in the interview when he talked about Milner, indicated to me that he is trying to circumvent Randy's instructions by selling JM to fund his purchases before he gets his unwanted players off the books. If there isn't a power game being played, there is at least a conflict of wills going on behind the scenes imo.

This just sounds like some random conspiracy theory though.

The facts are milner could have made it clear but he chose not to. Man city have made it clear that they want milner, MON has said milner wants to leave. Why has milner kept quiet if he wants to stay and is being pushed out?

This is my conspiracy theory and not this guy "random" whoever he is! :lol:

The facts:

Randy has told Mon that if he is not going to play certain players then he must sell them to reduce a wasteful wage bill - confirmed by the General yesterday.

Mon is a control freak and will find it incredibly difficult to be told by Randy what he can or can't do.

The fiction:

My conspiracy theory or whatever you choose to call it! I freely admit that it is built on watching the whole of Brian Clough's managerial career (that battle of wills with Sam Longson was an epic) and watching the whole footballing life of his avid pupil Martin O'Neill, since the days when he was good looking enough to be a popstar.

I love the man, but he can be an obstinate egotistical sh*t sometimes!

We should hold out for the full amount we want or keep him as we did Barry.

Everton played a similar strategy last season with Lescott and they ended up getting the full 24 million they wanted.

I can't see Milner being a problem if he ended up staying and we would still command a 15 million fee for him next season.

I personally believe he will be gone for the full amount we are asking for pretty soonish and can't see Ireland being in the package which will be an opportunity missed IMO

Can we add Spuds and Candleface to the thread title now?

NOTW

seems like utter bullshit to me, Spurs won't compete with Man City on wages, and losing Ashley Young and Milner would be suicide, although I've already stated that I htink Milner can be replaced far easier than Young.

Hahahahah! Good on ya' Harry! How about a swap ~ Milner for Bale? What say you, Harry?! Seriously though, this article seems like complete trash but I must admit I'd rather Milner leave for a team actually playing in the CL rather than for a team that merely "hopes" for CL which basically is the same boat Villa's in.

Good, a manager should be an egotistical shit, not a yes man.

People seem to forget who MON learnt from. Couple his teachings with MONs obviously natural stubbornness and you've got Old Big 'Ead MK2 instantly.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a relationship from hell like Clough vs Longson.

We should hold out for the full amount we want or keep him as we did Barry.

Everton played a similar strategy last season with Lescott and they ended up getting the full 24 million they wanted.

I can't see Milner being a problem if he ended up staying and we would still command a 15 million fee for him next season.

I personally believe he will be gone for the full amount we are asking for pretty soonish and can't see Ireland being in the package which will be an opportunity missed IMO

Everton wanted £30m+ for Lescott. Besides, the £24m fee is based upon appearances, bonuses, etc, etc. I'd be surprised if we had already paid them £15m

So, Milner.

Expect a £24m bid to be lodged soon. Well, last Friday, if rumours are to be believed. Could be all over by next week :)

He has already made a £20million bid for Aston Villa's Ashley Young and remains hopeful of bringing in Craig Bellamy from Manchester City.

Wow the NOTW are even more brazen with their bollocks than the Mirror!

But I see they are also using the Redknapp quote proforma:

"I like [insert player name here], he is a top player. If he is available at the right price I would be interested."

I wonder if Harry has a copyright on that phrase and he gets a kickback every time it's published...

i would take ireland, hart and richards off their hands for milner.

we need to replace milner, we need a good keeper and its obvious, mon doesnt rate young, so we need a new right back.

we have some good young players in Delfonz and delph and hopefully in albrighton, all we really need to add is a natural goal scorer.

I do not think we are interested in player exchanges, certainly not three for one anyway (how does that help the wages budget?) No it's the money we want

That implies we don't want to spend it then!?

I do not think we are interested in player exchanges, certainly not three for one anyway (how does that help the wages budget?) No it's the money we want

No not at all. But perhaps not all of it and then on players on a lot less than the ones we sell, to help get a handle on the wages (to quote the General)

exactley.

there is little point having £25 million in the bank and it not being used or other teams increasing their prices knowing we have an extra £25 million.

i think we will sell a few and off load some players on free transfers to reduce the bills, but it makes far more sense to have players who would be activley involved in the first team getting paid rather than players like beye, young, shorey, heskey, Nrc,davis, milner.. bouma already gone.

i would guess each is on £25k plus per week.

so not paying any cash out and recieving 3 players we need ( ok MON may not want them) 8 out, 3 in. i cant see the wages being any more for the 3 in than the 8 out either.