What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

It's not losing Milner in particular, that makes it such a bad idea to me. If you sell two of your best players to close rivals two years running, you might as well tell the squad (and the fans), whoever has the best season will be going to City next summer.

The reality is City will more than likely be looking a lot higher than Aston Villa next season. They are the only club that can throw the dosh around like Candleface in a sweetshop......the player they bought off us last season could well be leaving given the players they are signing.... and I wouldn't touch him now

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still stunned you think we can easily replace him.

Well we have Sidwell to fill the void i suppose.

I actually agree with you for once! The Devil must be wearing mittens. ;) Kidding aside, I think that £28 mil is nowhere near enough to Milner considering how important he is to us now, and what he might become for us in the future if he stays. In fact, I would say that it would be a bargain considering the amount of cash City have. I also think that selling Milner will hurt us so much more than Barry and I think we will really struggle to find someone to replace the void left by him. Having two of our best midfielders leave for a rivalling club will hurt us on so many levels I'd rather not think about it at all. Anything under £35 mil should be rejected without any consideration.

Hopefully it's 28 million plus Ireland and add on clauses. Would much rather we had 28 mill with Milner staying though. FFS! Even if Delph steps up and becomes the next BIg thing the same will happen. Sad really.

Could go either way, could be the beginning of a new era where we have a much more balanced, youthful team mixed with the odd touch of the exotic. Or it could be a slippery slope back into mediocrity, or worse. :(

Upsetting if true, I genuinely had more faith in Milner, for whatever reason. I won't go into the 'he owes us' debate, but I wonder if any player left is capable of showing an ounce of loyalty. Mellberg was probably the last in both senses of the word.

to sell milner to one of our biggest rivals is not a good idea. and its all well and good saying that 28m is a lot of money but realistically who of a similar standard are we going to be able to tempt in?

I think it will do us far more damage then good!

Even with 28m, i don't have faith that we'll bring in a player who will fill the gap Milner will leave.

I hope i'm proved wrong, sad day for us if Milner does leave.

Bit of a piss take really, what must MON think? Everytime he helps a player develop, they just **** off!

And I hope to god MON has a replacement in place before this happens. Screw it, It might be time for us to push the boat out and sign a CM of real quality. Or just change the system and formation as someone else mentioned.At a stretch even have Reo-Coker as a sort of "sweeper" in front of the back four, Petrov a little further up and a brand new spanking Attacking midfielder of proven quality for big money! Or go the 5-3-2 route.

The fact is, city are no longer our rivals. They've leap frogged us to compete with united and Chelsea. I think there's the top 3 then any of arsenal, spurs, us, everton and liverpool could finish 4th now IMO.

Such a shame if he leaves but the lad was head and shoulders above the rest of our attacking players last year. Time for another player to step up like he did last season. 28 mill should be a nice few to remould the squad along with selling the surplus of heskey, baye, sidwell and shorey.

Upthevilla.

Remember when we used to speculate about him becoming a centre mid, thinking he'd be ours for years to come.

How very rotten football has become.

Man City have got loads of money, but we've got some exciting attacking players, some tough defenders and half a dozen top young prospects to develop with more to follow. I'd rather develop a team than buy a team, but then I accept that I'm an old fashioned Villa fan. UP THE VILLA!!!!

Got to say I'm more disappointed in the player. Always tought he had more class than that but it's obvious we were nothing more than a stepping stone. Don't often use the word but James, you are a word removed!

The last two premiership young players of the year have been signed by the manager and funnily enough the amazing James Milner was signed by the very same manager who looks to be doubling his money with his sale. Why is it crazy to think we'll sign someone decent with the money?

Think of it this way remarkable bit of business by O'Neill. Many thought we were mad to spend 12 million on Milner but consider the profit margin and the quality we got out of him. As for booing him? Unless he has handed in a transfer request and the club had no wish to sell even for such money why exactly would we go out of our way to boo him?

The club have stated they do not wish to sell, ergo, one presumes any move is encouraged and wanted by Milner, which MM has also alluded to. Money grabbing turncoat. 2 years and he sods off.

Twenty eight million pounds. I think that's pretty good business. And FWIW I agree with those people who think Citeh are now "out of our league". I reckon they'll be up there for the title, and with or without Milner - we won't be.

All we can really hope for is that the new signings this summer make us forget about the departures - otherwise that is when you worry.

Also don't know whether this makes any difference, but David Platt has joined Mancini's backroom staff, he coached Milner at U-21 level!

Given fatboy's coaching reputation (probably the worst U21 coach in terms of results for decades) I would have thought it would be more likely to put him off