What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

Good deal for everyone involved, City get a top midfielder and the money doesn't matter them, Milner gets a decent chance at a title push and almost certain Champions League football and we get an arseload of money that if we spend it wisely can leave us stronger without him. £28m gets you Ireland, Parker and Keane. Throw Ireland and Parker into that midfield with Delph to come back and its fine.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Delph not out until close to christmas?

Yes he is.

£28m for milner is too good to turn down but I don't trust MON to spend the money wisely. We really need to kick on next season finishing 6th 4 seasons in a row would not be good. By my count we now need to buy a RB, two CM's and a Striker and that's just for the first team. Starting the season with 4 brand new players in your first XI with possibly another 2-3 squad players on the bench. Not sure MON has the transfer nous to make it work...

I love villa fans, when was finishing 6th 4 seasons in a row not good? what an arrogant statement

Good deal for everyone involved, City get a top midfielder and the money doesn't matter them, Milner gets a decent chance at a title push and almost certain Champions League football and we get an arseload of money that if we spend it wisely can leave us stronger without him. £28m gets you Ireland, Parker and Keane. Throw Ireland and Parker into that midfield with Delph to come back and its fine.

Ideally I'd like to throw Bentley into that as well, but otherwise spot on.

I love villa fans, when was finishing 6th 4 seasons in a row not good? what an arrogant statement

So finishing 6th should be the limit of our ambitions? Super...

That is quite obviously not what cv is saying.

We will be fine. Great deal for us if true.

Cant see any other club pay us 28 million for him. Best thing about doing business with Man City is that you get paid upfront (if rumours are true...).

We will be able to replace Milner, maybe not with a better player but we will be better as a team.

So we potentially swap a 24 year old for 2 29 year olds (Keane and Parker) and people think we are moving forward ?

in effect we now have 2 midfielders ..Young and Petrov .. the rest are just very very meh ... I just hope we spend the Milner money wisely ...

IF he joins City then Milner will go down in my estimation .. Chelsea were on offer to him and he's chosen City lead by Dumb and Dumber and just become another money chaser like Southgate and Barry before him

Or Chelsea weren't willing to pay what City were for him and he was decent enough to us to not demand a move to Chelsea instead of City which would cost us money

Citeh messageboard is saying milner deal to be announced today! little gutted but no-one is bigger than the club! Move on and move forward! Trust is with MON to get the right players in and keep us going and challenging!

Up the Villa!

ps would love to see villa fans stop the booing and really get behind the team/club this year! (not trying to start a booing debate)

Laughable people think we will be able to replace him with someone who will have the same impact.

We might replace him with someone else young, who will take time to get upto the same standard and then just sell them again in a couple of years.

Never actually keeping our best players, just acting as a feeder club.

Milner = let down

But I'd find it hard to boo him.

Although if this is true I'd say it's more of a kick in the teeth than when Barry left. Gareth gave us his best years where s jimmy appears to be **** off at the first opportunity.

Laughable people think we will be able to replace him with someone who will have the same impact.

This. Can't really see how our midfield is going to be better next season than it was last season TBH. Both petrov and Milner will have to be replaced (IMO) and are we really going to find two players to play in the centre of midfield that would make us better? I can't imagine Downing would be good in the centre given his tackling allergy.

MIlner is a good player but not a great player. He is easily replaceable for a lot cheaper. e.g get Defour or Meireiles for 10-12 million pounds both are better.

For me he could be 1 season wonder in centre midfield

If Milner goes ill be gutted. It doesnt exactly show ambition to sell our best player to a top 6 rival club. If he went to Chelsea, Man U or Arsenal i could understand it more but to sell him to man shitty we are more or less saying 5th/6th place will do next season.

If this is true its a terrible day for the club. MON wont be able to replace him with a player as good. :(

People are overrating Milner, he is one of the best of a poor English generation which gives him that extra bit of hype. I'm not denying he's a very good player, but parts of his game are weak for the central midfield role, and this shows when he comes up against the superior teams. However he does have potential to better himself in them areas.

At the end of the day this would be one of the highest transfer ever for an English player in the Premier League, something you just can't refuse. However it depends how we spend the money, there are far superior talents abroad, but it would depend whether they'd suit and settle in to our side. But if we end up with a Scott Parker type player it'll turn out to be very bad business.

The point is he's not irreplaceable, just like Barry wasn't. Everton and Tottenham have sold players for big money in the past and they managed to improve their team.

Citeh messageboard is saying milner deal to be announced today! little gutted but no-one is bigger than the club! Move on and move forward! Trust is with MON to get the right players in and keep us going and challenging!

Up the Villa!

ps would love to see villa fans stop the booing and really get behind the team/club this year! (not trying to start a booing debate)

I'd take that with a pinch of salt, our forum is full of WUMs.

It's a bit of a shame over the reaction to Milner here. Thread starts with "he'll never go, is a top lad is our Jimmy, honest as the day is long" and ends with "shown he's a money grabbing word removed".

Perhaps he moved to City because he believes that with the quality of the squad that we are building (plus the multi million pound training ground we've just completely refurbished), and the future plans we have, we've a better shot of success in the long term than Villa.

A fan over on RAWK said something quite apt. "City haven't been a big club for thirty years, but football changes everyday. City's 'project' is far more interesting than ours and I wouldn't be surprised if the Silva signing turned his head" (talking about a possible bid from City for Torres).

My point, is that there are legitimate footballing reasons why Milner could come to City rather than stay at Villa. I'm not saying that that is why he might join, as I don't know the man and wouldn't like to second guess him, but it is just as likely as for the money.

True, but i just cant see MON doing a Ferguson and bring in a few starlets like Ronaldo, Nani and Hernandez who looked good at the world cup.

He is more likely to bring in someone like Parker or Bullard.*shudder*

What I love about this is if it was Everton and Moyes selling a player for 16million profit it would be seen as genius. But its all doom and gloom if its MON and Villa?

Lets be honest, (and Im a massive fan of James Milner) the guy was not great in the 1st half of his 1st season, then he came good 2nd half and had a really good season last season of course.

But.....

Albeit in a poor team, he was out of his depth in the world cup. And while I was willing him on so much, I was expecting him to do something good more in hope than anything else.

£28milllion - Theyve clearly got more money than sense!!

Lets give credit to MON and how hes brought Jimmy (who also deserves some credit) on, and I see no reason why he cant do it with other players.

I wouldnt count out a huge season from Ash, Gabby and DJ - because I think them not going to the world cup is a blessing in disguise. That was an England team not to be in!!!!

If its true -

Good Luck to James Milner

Lets give credit to MON and how hes brought Jimmy (who also deserves some credit) on, and I see no reason why he cant do it with other players.

Spot on Woody plus he deserves credit if he gets the sort of fee for us that is being banded about.