What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

How do we know that if we don't lose Milner, Randy will give money to MON so we don't need the 30m from his sale? ...

..let's be honest, the only way Milner will agree to stay is if Randy guarantees we will push on, i.e put more money into the club for new talent to play along side him. However if we agree to sell him, this highlights to me, Randy is looking to get the money to re-pump into the club, i.e he won't spend much more. Therefore if we sell him and we get 30m, this will be our summer pot. The question is can we replace him with the 30m, and get the defensive midfielder, and get the striker we badly need? I am afraid it would look doubtful.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worth bearing in mind that we are in a position spurs have been in many times. Raided for players over the year. Carrick, Berbatov, Keane. They managed to sell and went on to achieve Champions League. Its just about building a team and reinvesting your money. Milner is good but replaceable.

worth bearing in mind that we are in a position spurs have been in many times. Raided for players over the year. Carrick, Berbatov, Keane. They managed to sell and went on to achieve Champions League. Its just about building a team and reinvesting your money. Milner is good but replaceable.

Good post and nail on the head!!

How do we know that if we don't lose Milner, Randy will give money to MON so we don't need the 30m from his sale? ...

..let's be honest, the only way Milner will agree to stay is if Randy guarantees we will push on, i.e put more money into the club for new talent to play along side him. However if we agree to sell him, this highlights to me, Randy is looking to get the money to re-pump into the club, i.e he won't spend much more. Therefore if we sell him and we get 30m, this will be our summer pot. The question is can we replace him with the 30m, and get the defensive midfielder, and get the striker we badly need? I am afraid it would look doubtful.

I completely disagree.

We're going to also have the money from selling the wantaways.. Sidwell, Beye, Shorey, NRC, Davies, Luke Young.

I think Ireland would be a like-for-like replacement for Milner - he's better technically but just doesn't have the workrate of Jimmy.

As much as I love Milner, he's not irreplacable.

£30m + the money from the fringe players could easily get us Ireland (£12m?), a striker (£15m?), a quality rightback (£8-10m - like the purchase of Warnock) and a few youngsters (Clyne - £2m etc).

If the summer window panned out this way, I wouldn't be too disheartened (especially as we'd be getting rid of players that we don't plan to use, and bringing in players that we would utilise) -

OUT

Milner, L Young, Sidwell, Beye, Shorey, Davies, NRC

IN

Ireland, Striker, Rightback, Clyne, Matthews

IN

Ireland, Striker, Rightback, Clyne, Matthews

Clyne and Matthews are both RBs aren't they so doubt we'd need a third one.

If we swopped Milner for 15m + Onouha + Ireland our defence would be sorted and we'd have a creative midfielder to throw into the mix alongside defensive ones like NRC and Petrov.

Given I would expect us to raise 15m ish from the sales of Davies, Shorey, Beye, L. Young, Sidwell and Heskey (please) that's 30m to find another top notch central midfielder so we don't leave ourselves short in that area with Delph not back until next year and a good striker in the 10m bracket.

That shouldn't be beyond the manager should it?

looks like its going to happen now and i for one will really miss the bloke!30 mill will be alot of money for him but not to sure who we can actually attract of his quality that will actually come and play for us!

looks like its going to happen now and i for one will really miss the bloke!30 mill will be alot of money for him but not to sure who we can actually attract of his quality that will actually come and play for us!

Did I miss something? (honest question).

Is it due to the currant bun reporting from their source MON has slapped a 30mil price tag on him?

I dont mind if he has, nice starting point pre WC, it can only go up, which is crazy imo

If he gets a game and performs that is.

Is it due to the currant bun reporting from their source MON has slapped a 30mil price tag on him?

I dont mind if he has, nice starting point pre WC, it can only go up, which is crazy imo

If he gets a game and performs that is.

And if he doesnt then MON stands by the 30mil! Being the sun i dont believe it, but its not that bad if true imo

We'll sell if it suits us. For 30 mill, I'd suggest it does. I'm indifferent to having it either way. He's good but not worth losing sleep over.

Not criticising the General btw. He's entitled to his break. Hope he enjoys it.

I suppose that meant in some peoples eyes we were letting Milner go?

Honestly, some folk here are just too cynical. It is the same when O'Neill said he wanted to stay, people were still saying he might go off.

:P