• £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW NEWS JUST BROKEN!!!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rumours/2010/05/20/1933364/manchester-united-set-to-offer-aston-villa-michael-carr

Man Utd to enter Milner race & offer Carrick as part of deal

Also City preparing 2nd player plus cash bid!! Link to follow!!

2nd link to new city bid: http://www.tribalfootball.com/man-city-include-players-new-bid-villa-star-milner-852041

"new news" :) hilarious!

All news is new hence the word news!!!

Carrick would be a Petrov replacement, not a Milner one. As such I'd prefer to get Stephen England from Citeh in a deal + money.

This. If we're going to lose him, which i'm not sure we will, I would find it easier to swallow if he went for around 25m + Ireland & Richards, and maybe a few add ons aswell. Then we might be talking! I don't think he's indispensible, but he is highly valued by the club.

NEW NEWS JUST BROKEN!!!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rumours/2010/05/20/1933364/manchester-united-set-to-offer-aston-villa-michael-carr

Man Utd to enter Milner race & offer Carrick as part of deal

Also City preparing 2nd player plus cash bid!! Link to follow!!

2nd link to new city bid: http://www.tribalfootball.com/man-city-include-players-new-bid-villa-star-milner-852041

:lol: Nought wrong with a bit of glamourisation!!

"new news" :) hilarious!

All news is new hence the word news!!!

Could do it either way sell to Man Utd get money plus carrick, then buy Ireland from Man City.

If man city offered Bellamy, Ireland and a bit of money for milner i would accept and then offer to buy Carrick from Man Utd.

I dont think it is worth selling Milner for just cash, if we do a deal it needs to have players that sort of calibre in with the deal Plus cash.

Just to point out Milner does not have an agent, he is represented by the PFA.

Recent comments from MON would indicate that might not still be the case:

Brum mail a few weeks ago

With Manchester United and Manchester City reportedly interested in Milner, O’Neill was asked if Villa needed to get the player’s signature on a new deal immediately.

“No, I don’t think that that’s important,” replied the manager.

“I know James and his agent pretty well. I know those things.

My biggest worry is that whatever the outcome, this saga will run and run just like Barry to plop two years ago. We've said we'll sit down with him after the world cup, but in reality, he'll probably take a break straight afterwards which takes us very close to August before any discussions can begin.

If we do decide to sell, because the offer is too good to refuse, it hardly gives us much time to replace. If he signs a long term deal, then great, but until then we'll be in for a very uncomfortable summer

Like i have said before, I have sources close to Milner, and obviously while i don't know how he feels about the link and neither do i know wether he will go, i know for sure that a huge wage packet offered by City will not influence the lad one bit!

I feel that it won't be the end of the speculation and the bids etc. however, he will stay.

how about just don't sell him unless it's for £40m?

selling our best player on form and in potential when he is still under contract and more than likely going to a world cup with England would show that we are a selling club and small time.

it's time to Man up and tell Man Shitty to shove their oil money up their little man dresses and fack off.

Has anyone thought that it could be Ashley Young that we're actually replacing? Hence the reported interest in Bentley/ I wouldnt be surprised if their have been private talks from a club trying to get him. Don't wanna lose any of the but I would be happier to lose Ash than Milner.

Has anyone thought that it could be Ashley Young that we're actually replacing? Hence the reported interest in Bentley/ I wouldnt be surprised if their have been private talks from a club trying to get him. Don't wanna lose any of the but I would be happier to lose Ash than Milner.

Could be true. However, i feel all the young players at VIlla (Milner, Gabby, Young) all want to get Villa as far as possible, and when they feel they have given all they will be off. They haven't got Villa as far as possible, so none of them, IMO, will leave.

If the reports are true about Bentley, MoN is being clever for once and bringing in a player that will keep players like Milner, Young and Downing (basically the attacking force in our team) on their toes. Bentley is far more of threat to those players than Sidwell.