PL: Hull a Match Thread 2010/04/21 19:45

limpid

Cuellar is not a weakness at right back at all. His defensive side is very good, its going forward which is his weakness.

I agree and disagree. Ceullar is very good defensively (and I actually think our stronges CB partnership is Ceullar and Dunne) but in Luke Young we have someone who as well as being an excellent defender and a better RB than Ceullar, can also go forward with the ball and doesnt kick the ball out of play when tyring to play it down the line.

Ceullar isnt great with the ball - and if we can only use him at RB for his defensive qualitites then we're mising out - as we have a better suited player sat on our bench!

I agree very much so roonst.

MON puts Cuellar in there to defend imo and if he finds himself up there so be it, but his job is defending first and foremost.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it depends on who wants the game more. It's everything for Hull, us, well our season is over.

Hope we can win, but as I thought (incorrectly) against Portsmouth - I think a draw at best.

NOTE: Just to clarify for certain posters, that doesn't mean I don't think we can't win, it means I don't think we will.

Think it depends on who wants the game more. It's everything for Hull, us, well our season is over.

Hope we can win, but as I thought (incorrectly) against Portsmouth - I think a draw at best.

NOTE: Just to clarify for certain posters, that doesn't mean I don't think we can't win, it means I don't think we will.

Our season is far from over, we should be trying to ensure we finish ahead of Liverpool and at least claim 6th spot and Europa League football for next season. It isn't a given that we'll finish ahead of Liverpool and if we don't there's every chance we'll only have domestic football to look foward to next season.

Really don't understand where all this 'season is over' rubbish is coming from. You do realise if we don't finish in the top 6 and Pompey win their appeal we will miss out on Europe?

Just to add to the Young/Cuellar debate, didn't Young miss the Pompey game through injury? If so its not really very likely he would be picked for tonight even if O'Neill was thinking of dropping Carlos.

Pilchard - I can't believe you are saying we can't win it ;)

Time for Hull to break that noose, it all depends on whether we get a few goals at the start when we break out quickly.

I also saw a stat that was something like Hull have conceded the most goals in the last 5 minutes of games in the Prem so far this season, so could be a game where it's vital to go til the end, similar to Pompey.

We need an early goal to settle us and then take the game by the scruff of the neck. We've far more quality than they have but we need to be focused, ruthless and efficient because it is highly unlikely that they will make this easy for us given that they are fighting for their lives. A win is vital here.

I'm sure we will have a go at the start. However if the game's level going into the last five or ten minutes, think I'd still be fairly confident we could nick a late goal and a match winner, as we've done many times this season despite what people say about our fitness.

Really don't understand where all this 'season is over' rubbish is coming from. You do realise if we don't finish in the top 6 and Pompey win their appeal we will miss out on Europe?

Whilst you and I may value the Europa League, the way the club and manager treated this and last year's participation, I don't think they would be too bothered if we miss out. Champions League or bust, is the feeling I get.

Whilst you and I may value the Europa League, the way the club and manager treated this and last year's participation, I don't think they would be too bothered if we miss out. Champions League or bust, is the feeling I get.

Right even so, we can still make the champions league so our season isnt over

Interesting stat:

• Victory would make Villa the first club outside of the Big Four to reach 1,000 Premier League points.

Sorry if someone already posted it, haven't read through.