PL: Hull a Match Thread 2010/04/21 19:45

limpid

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ricardomeister

Unfortunately, nearly all my predictions from the Premier League predictor, which I did after the Bolton game, seem to be coming true. In that, I had us drawing with Everton, beating Pompey, drawing with Hull and Small Heath Alliance, losing at Citeh and beating Blackburn, while Everton won at Blackburn and Stoke and at home against Fulham and Pompey and pipped us to 7th on goals scored!

I have given up hoping to see 2 or 3 changes in the starting eleven as I cannot see MON making any changes, even though I think Carlos/Downing/Petrov need to have a rest. Hull will be really up for this, especially after Wet Sham's pathetic effort last night, and I cannot see the game being as open as the Pompey game. Hull will be flying into the tackles, unlike Pompey who hardly ever tried, so I think tomorrow will be very physically demanding. It may help us that Hull need to win so hopefully we can hit them on the counter but our crossing needs a major improvement. They have beaten Citeh and Everton at home and drawn with Chelski so they will be no pushovers.

A win is vital, especially as Everton are all but guaranteed 6 points from their 2 home games (Fulham after an arduous trip to Hamburg and Pompey the week before the Cup Final) plus Stoke seem to be on the beach already. I hope I am wrong but I think we will struggle to a 1-1 draw.

UTV SOTC

With only 4 games to go i think we can forget about resting players. Win tomorrow and we have a derby on Sunday which the players will be buzzing to play, win that and then could have a make or break game against city and then final game of the season. Players will be mad to play from here on in regardless of what there bodies are saying.

Id go with the same team as last sunday tomorrow night. Hull are a poor side, regardless of the battling for their lives rubbish. They are down there because they are pretty rubbish. Expecting a 1 or 2 nil victory. In true villa fashion we might make hard work of it but still expect us to win.

Being a Sunday/Wednesday schedule i can actually see one or two players being rested, most likely Carew and/or Downing, and maybe Warnock who still doesn't seem to be overlapping with pace like he can do.

It wont be anything too exciting though, just Heskey, Sidwell and L. Young coming in.

Its about time we had a tidy 2-0 win, thats my prediction.