PL: Hull a Match Thread 2010/04/21 19:45

limpid

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it depends on who wants the game more. It's everything for Hull, us, well our season is over.

Really don't understand where all this 'season is over' rubbish is coming from. You do realise if we don't finish in the top 6 and Pompey win their appeal we will miss out on Europe?

Whilst you and I may value the Europa League, the way the club and manager treated this and last year's participation, I don't think they would be too bothered if we miss out. Champions League or bust, is the feeling I get.

I absolutely agree with you that the feeling from the club is Champions league or bust. But I also think that given the season we have had the club will be looking for any sign of success. We missed out on two cups and to miss out on Europe as well (in whatever format) will turn what many see as a positive season into a negative one.

I also think finishing above Liverpool (for various reasons) is something that the club would be delighted to do at this stage

Interesting you say Collins there knoppy. I've been ruminating that our defence in recent weeks hasn't quite been as good as it was, then it occured to me they don't seem to have scored as many goals either...

Sraw I think

Just caught the end of the team on SSN - Cueller and Collins in so I presume the defence is untouched.

Just hope he spices up the midfield, not just for tonight, if Milner / petrov play, I can see us getting stuffed on Sunday.

Hope he plays NRC, then if we are winning, swaps Milner for Sidwell.

But I bet it is unchanged, even after saying 6 weeks ago he'd have to use the squad.

Shock...

Its same team as started Pompey.

Hull: Duke, McShane, Sonko, Mouyokolo, Dawson, Fagan, Cairney, Boateng, Kilbane, Bullard, Vennegoor of Hesselink.

Subs: Myhill, Barmby, Altidore, Geovanni, Cullen, Cooper, Olofinjana.

Aston Villa: Friedel, Cuellar, Collins, Dunne, Warnock, Downing, Milner, Petrov, Ashley Young, Agbonlahor, Carew.

Subs: Guzan, Luke Young, Sidwell, Delfouneso, Heskey, Reo-Coker, Beye.

Referee: Mike Dean (Wirral)