Which party gets your X  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Liberal Democrat
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Not voting
    • Spoil Ballot

I will now not be voting whatsoever. A combination of me not finding out until today that Aber automatically registers you here, and the uni net going down for about an hour and a half before I could fix that and sign up for a postal vote (last minute style) means I'm not bothering to vote here.

I wish our Uni had done that! But the Sabbs have been too busy canvassing with the local Tory candidate.

Even though the Labout MP has signed the NUS Student pledge, and had no expense claims what so ever.

For the record 300 Lib Dems, 200 Labour and only 10 Torys have signed the signed student pledge, ie not to vote for an increase in the CAP...

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know what the BBCs reporters political alegncies are

I know that Nick Robinson and Andrew Neil are Tories.

Stephanie Flanders I think is more a less Tory, some of her recent blogs suggests she may be

I'd guess that Andrew Marr is Labour

Robert Peston is the son of a Labour Lord I think?

Paxman? etc

was head of OUCA i believe, and they're as big a bunch of words removed you could ever have the misfortune to come across

Guest Ricardomeister

I see the Tories are pandering to their core Daily Fascist types with their new "Let's cut benefits for those who refuse work" poster campaign. Seeing as people have their jobseekers allowance cut already if they refuse work I don't see the point in this except to pander to the prejudices of many Tory voters. It also strikes me as an act of an increasingly desperate party.

I wonder if we will also see a Tory poster campaign called "Increase the penalties for the rich who avoid paying their share of tax". or even "We will create jobs for the unemployed" I won't hold my breath!

I've just read that both the Libs and Labour are planning to lower the voting age to 16.

More unbelievable populist politics crap.

Labour have promised to call a vote on lowering the voting age in the commons if elected I believe. Which would no doubt be rejected.

when I was 16 I didn't know anyone who actually took the remotest of interest in politics. It's not taught in our schools to any kind of level so how they can say that someone in this country who is 16 years old can make an informed decision on who to vote for is rubbish.

when you are 16 it's football, fanny, fags, fruity alcoholic beverages, food, fannying about.

I've just read that both the Libs and Labour are planning to lower the voting age to 16.

Labour have promised to call a vote on lowering the voting age in the commons if elected I believe. Which would no doubt be rejected.

when I was 16 I didn't know anyone who actually took the remotest of interest in politics. It's not taught in our schools to any kind of level so how they can say that someone in this country who is 16 years old can make an informed decision on who to vote for is rubbish.

when you are 16 it's football, fanny, fags, fruity alcoholic beverages, food, fannying about.

This is true, it wasn't until I came to uni did I even understand the differences between tha parties and their names.

However if at 16 you can pay tax and can join the army I think you should get the right to vote.

I see the Tories are pandering to their core Daily Fascist types with their new "Let's cut benefits for those who refuse work" poster campaign. Seeing as people have their jobseekers allowance cut already if they refuse work I don't see the point in this except to pander to the prejudices of many Tory voters. It also strikes me as an act of an increasingly desperate party.

I wonder if we will also see a Tory poster campaign called "Increase the penalties for the rich who avoid paying their share of tax". or even "We will create jobs for the unemployed" I won't hold my breath!

Interesting that labour are losing their vote to the BNP and yet its only Tories who are facists

and why is every rich person who has tried to avoid paying tax a Tory ?

But long as voters have preconceptions I don't suppose anything will ever change really , will it ?

a) because people aren't taught politics they don't have a right to have a say in democracy? Rules out the majority of the country I'd have thought

B) maybe if people had a vote at 16 they'd become interested at an earlier age?

c) what is the worst that can happen? 16 and 17 year olds have a vote? that has to be better than some old duffer with senile dementia getting a proxy vote filled in by a relative who effectively gets two votes, and thats allowed

d) surely if you're old enough to have consensual sex, you're old enough to vote?

e) I really don't see how it can possibly be construed as populist, which people of current voting age have this issue high on their agendas?

Interesting that labour are losing their vote to the BNP and yet its only Tories who are facists

and why is every rich person who has tried to avoid paying tax a Tory ?

But long as voters have preconceptions I don't suppose anything will ever change really , will it ?

Maybe it says something when people like me (i'm only 21) hold these beliefs too as well as the older guard. Maybe it's true

Some of the attitudes and behaviour of private school types at uni is shameful and just carries on the belief of what Tories are and stand for!

My Labour allegncy is soley from what I've seen and witnessed at uni!

As against some leftie teacher brain washing his pupils and getting them to vote how he wants them to ?

If anything they should raise the voting age not lowering it

This is true, it wasn't until I came to uni did I even understand the differences between tha parties and their names.

However if at 16 you can pay tax and can join the army I think you should get the right to vote.

There's a good idea.

If you pay tax, you have the right to vote.

The government screwed up when they didn't properly consider the consent laws. The need to fix them should have been the catalyst to raising the age of full consent and majority to 21 on alcohol, smoking, voting and sex.

As I say, populist thinking over common sense thinking.

I think from the polls it's obvious that no one really wants David Cameron, or rather no one wants the tories, but they just don't want Labour.

Hung Parliament is the best scenario, couldn't give a monkeys about the effects on businesses around the country because there needs to be some sort of political reform which could lead to an election where it isn't just 'meh' but more 'well who is best equipped to take us into the future?'

As against some leftie teacher brain washing his pupils and getting them to vote how he wants them to ?

And this happened when?

Why is the teacher a leftie?

If teachers are that good at brain washing, why do hoodies roam the streets in a highly illiterate fashion ;-)

I read a piece in the paper years back that Boris believe he could be PM one day .. with the new TV debate style over substance could Boris actually quip his way to the top ?

There is a commonly repeated theory / rumour around political circles that Boris really did / does want the head of the Tory party job. As Cameron is playing in a Liam Ridgewell style despite millions behind him, the bulk of the written media and with people like that idiot Robinson and still failing to win populous support, maybe the dumbing down of politics means that Boris would be seen as the UK's Ronald Regan?

There's a good idea.

If you pay tax, you have the right to vote.

No really it isn't. In fact it wouldn't be a democracy

The government screwed up when they didn't properly consider the consent laws. The need to fix them should have been the catalyst to raising the age of full consent and majority to 21 on alcohol, smoking, voting and sex.

As I say, populist thinking over common sense thinking.

Thats a whole generation of rapists you want to raise.

And this happened when?

Probably the same time as your mythical person voting on behalf of their senile relative :-)

all teachers are lefties ... Fact , end of etc The brown cords , Citroën 2cv etc give it away