The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

The Rock's matt skill were definitely still there. Looks in blooooooody good shape as well.

Not sure about the end of the match like Stevo. Kind of pointless.

I hate him, but to generate more heat Cena should of attacked the Rock behind his back or something.

I think the end would have been fine, but it was weird because the crowd didn't get involved.

It used to be that all the rock had to do was look sideways and the crowd would erupt into "Rocky Rocky" etc.

Didn't seem to have that same magic on that.

Oh well.

What's the plan for The Rock's involvement? I assume that wasn't his only match?

Might try and ttune in for any future matches he's in

I thought the crowd were good for him apart from the very end. The problem is the crowds are nowhere near as good as they used to be. Being in Madison Square Garden that was actually the second loudest crowd I've heard this year, which shows the drop in overall crowd quality.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep.

His new attire is a bit shite and generic but he has the old style glove back on and is back under the mask which is just awesome. New mask looks badass.

Also, he has been growing his hair back a bit while off (see a few pages back) which has allowed him to have proper extensions put in (ghey) rather than that absolutely terrible terrible sideshow bob wig he had which fell off when he unmasked in 2003.

Watched the video.

I'll make the same comment as I made aboutthe Rock's match at Survivor Series.

It feels like the crowd aren't even watching. If something like that had happened 10 years ago they'd have gone **** bananas.

First hand reports are saying the crowd went nuts at first when the explosion hit then were in a confused/stunned silence when he took the welders mask off.

Still awesome though. Wonder how they will explain him wearing the mask again? Or his hair magically growing back in 5 months :P

Wonder how they will explain him wearing the mask again?

The real answer to this is that Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio who are the only masked wrestlers are currently on the shelf meaning no mask sales so Kane is required to be a merchandising unit. What better way to sell more masks than by giving him 2 to wear!

When I saw the flames on the stage and the lights go out I smiled. When I heard the entrance music and saw "Masked Kane" standing there I smiled even more. When he walked down to the ring, chokeslammed Cena then revealed his mask I "marked out"

At 4.10 am on a Tuesday morning a 27 year old is chilling in bed watching tv and is loving it because a man has returned in a mask. Sounds pathetic doesn't it? I love wrestling :-)

Â