The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Yeah it was roughly 3,500 per person which is definitely worth it in my opinion. That was the top package as well. They do quite a few different ones that are alot cheaper than the one we did but obviously the cheaper options would have less perks. I think the cheapest package was about 1000 per person which included tickets to Wrestlemania and Raw (not ringside), 3-4 nights accommodation and free transport to the events. Personally I'd rather pay the full price to get the ultimate experience. I couldn't even put a number on the amount of wrestlers and ex wrestlers that we got to meet and some of the things that we were able to do was great fun. For example, go karting with Kofi Kingston and The Miz was, well, "awesome" pun intended.

Exactly what I am after, as long as the seats arent in the nosebleeds that would be perfect for me. Then its just flights and spending money.

How much in advance to the show did you buy the tickets? When did they go on sale?

Sorry for the spanish Inquisition.

Erm... off the top of my head I can't remember exactly but I'm sure that it was around June/July when the packages came out. As soon as they come out this year I'll be buying so I'll post the link in this thread for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I'll be there. I'm still disappointed that they didn't come to Birmingham a couple of weeks ago to be honest. It annoys me having to travel to London or Manchester all the time, especially when you consider that we are the second city, have great transport links and two decent arena's in the LG Arena and the NIA! It just seems really weird that when they sometimes miss Birmingham off the schedule they still go to places like Nottingham. The fact that BOTH the RAW and Smackdown tv tapings are happening at the LG Arena this time have more than made up for my moaning though!

I had a discussion with my mates the other day about how I could start a TV channel, and it would be awesome.

Amongst all my ideas was to show WWF, but pretend it was 1998. So the first Monday in January I'd play the first Raw from 1998 and just carry it on from there.

I could do that for about 6 years I reckon and it would be amazing.

I'd then slowly cancel it before it got shit

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday watching Lord Tensai on YouTube. Have absolutely no idea why, but I remember that guy from when he was in the WWF in the 90s. He has shaved his back, got a rather cool gimmick and improved a hell of a lot as a wrestler. He is getting a big push at the moment by the looks of things, do you think it will work? As a monster heel I have to say he is quite good.

I spotted him the other day (I occasionally flick over when there's nothign on)

It might work, but the crowd were constantly chanting "Albert, Albert" when he was wrestling so not sure if they'll be won over.

It's so strange that people like him, Mark Henry, Christian, Edge etc are all (or have been fairly recently) some of the big dogs now.

I also saw a bit of "The Great Khali"

Must be one of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen.

Albert.... ah... his finest moment in the WWE to date was getting horribly destroyed by Lesnar in a wonderfully bodged F5. You Tube it. Its marvellous.

Yeah i dont see Tensai getting over purely because the crowds arent going to let him! The Great Khali was struggling to kick out last night on raw! Seemed like he actually didnt know how to kick out, you could sense Michael Cole getting nervous when ever the ref got to two incase Khalis shoulder didnt come off the mat. He's so bad!

He's terrible.

Yet he appears to be one of the main guys? Is that right?

Seems to be purely because of his size because he's shit at everything else. Immobile, wasn't selling anything when i saw him, no mic skills. Bizarre.

He's terrible.

Yet he appears to be one of the main guys? Is that right?

Seems to be purely because of his size because he's shit at everything else. Immobile, wasn't selling anything when i saw him, no mic skills. Bizarre.

He's not used in the main event scene as much as he once was but he still gets alot of tv time for what he is.

I think its purely for the Indian market, apparently he's like a God over there!

But he can't even stand for long periods of time, Theres pictures of him from the Wrestlemania fan axcess sitting down on the stage as he couldnt stand up for the whole session.

I had a discussion with my mates the other day about how I could start a TV channel, and it would be awesome.

Amongst all my ideas was to show WWF, but pretend it was 1998. So the first Monday in January I'd play the first Raw from 1998 and just carry it on from there.

Vince would like a word with you.

He's currently pissing money up the wall trying to start a WWE channel which keeps getting postponed (as the cable companies have pretty much laughed at the prospect of paying for the channel).

I've got the whole of RAW is War 1997 and ECW Hardcore TV 1995 on DVD :)

Vince would like a word with you.

He's currently pissing money up the wall trying to start a WWE channel which keeps getting postponed (as the cable companies have pretty much laughed at the prospect of paying for the channel).

I'd probably just pirate everything. Much cheaper.

My other idea was to start everything at 5 minutes before the hour.

Because you know when you get to like, 8:55 and your TV show eneds so you flick channels and everything is on a commercial break?

My channel would be just starting their programming so everyone would watch it.

Although that idea lost credit when I realised once there was an advert on my channel, the opposite would happen.

• 3 months later...

Started getting back into it all again recently, still a lot of detritus but a few bright spots here and there. Have to say, I am absolutely loving Daniel Bryan, he has been given the ball and is running with it superbly at the moment.

No! No! No!

WWE is just a let down, I'll watch it from time to time but last year it really had my attention with the whole CM Punk angle but they ruined that spectacularly. It was the best thing they had going in 10 years but no, let's get Kevin Nash in on the fued, CM Punk drops the title to the tiresome Alberto Del Rio and Kevin Nash sneezes, causing him to injure himself for a lengthy period of time (who saw that coming?) and everything is just back to normal, crap.

Wrestling died a long time ago.

Nash didn't get injured. After he got involved in the CM Punk stuff he started a feud with Triple H. Triple H then beat him in a match and that was the end of that. One of the reasons that he didn't return after that was because he was away filming as he has had parts in a few films like Rock Of Ages and Magic Mike.

One of the problems is they must think that fans suffer from amnesia. They way some of the storylines come to an abrupt end and new rivalries start, involving wrestlers that just weeks before were enemies is just stupid. For example, when Kane returned and he was doing all this embrace the hate stuff with Cena and then Orton. That all came to an end and the other week Kane and Cena were on the same team in a match!

The main problem is the fact that they have no competition. TNA will never be able to become a serious rival like WCW did. When WCW was winning the ratings war, Vince had to make drastic changes and look what happened when he did! The lack of competition today has allowed them to become complacent.

Â