The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

I really liked it. Don't think Punk will lose momentum as he will be chasing the title and maybe facing an evil corporate Kliq. I am a big Nash fan so him turning up both suprised and pleased me. Looking forward to Raw.

Nash tweeted about two weeks ago something along the line of... "Punk if you want back up you've got my number. You're worth me going back on the road full time. The offer stands but I'll understand if you want to go it alone"

It really does my head in the way Cena getting pinned fair and square is a once in a blue moon thing. The Kevin Nash thing threw me abit as I thought what's the point in that! If he's planning on returning he needs to sort himself out because 'Big Daddy Cool' was looking old and very out of shape. I had a feeling Del Rio would try and cash in the MITB at SummerSlam. There's alot of explaining to do on RAW tonight anyway but it wouldn't surprise me if the story develops and Stephanie was in on the Nash thing behind Triple H's back.

The Del Rio cash in was obvious. I don't know why anyone was expecting SummerSlam to end any other way.

The important thing to take from SummerSlam is CM Punk went over Cena clean. That Del Rio cashed in on him doesn't matter that much as long as the feuds that develop from it make sense.

If they throw Cena in on Del Rio it's bollocks. CM Punk should get his mandatory rematch. Speaking of which, Rey is going to be having his rematch with a guy twice removed from the person he lost to! Pretty strange situation there.

Outside of that match, Christian should have beat Orton. I loved the Edge bit, easy way to snap Christian out of being a cry baby heel and into a doesn't give a shit heel which I thought was going well. He really should have won with conchairto. It would have been perfect. Now the feud doesn't look like dying because we have Christian's rematch, which if he wins we then get Orton's rematch, so I can't see him winning. Although as Sheamus Henry doesn't seem to be over I can't see who else can be in there for a title shot.

^^^ Wade Barrett. His little feud with Daniel Bryan isn't really going to go anywhere, unless they do it with the MITB contract on the line. Other than that it's a dead end story soon really. Wade will win the title sooner or later anyway. I can see the Orton/Christian feud dragging on longer than it needs to though.

As for Cena/Punk it wouldn't surprise me if they had a match maybe next week to become the 'undisputed' number 1 contender for the Night Of Champions PPV.

The important thing to take from SummerSlam is CM Punk went over Cena clean.

But he didn't go over clean, Cena had his foot on the ropes. Punk has gone from the legit, albeit disputed, champ to a guy who won on a ref error and then lost in 16 seconds after being destroyed by a 52 year old man.

They have clawed this angle back from the brink over and over again but I think the writing is on the wall now especially with Steph and Nash now in the mix. Unfortunately due to circumstances out of his control Punk is leaking credibility as a top guy at an alarming rate.

Imagine if when Bret Hart first won the title a few weeks later Superstar Billy Graham had returned and beat the shit out of him.

But he didn't go over clean, Cena had his foot on the ropes. Punk has gone from the legit, albeit disputed, champ to a guy who won on a ref error and then lost in 16 seconds after being destroyed by a 52 year old man.

They have clawed this angle back from the brink over and over again but I think the writing is on the wall now especially with Steph and Nash now in the mix. Unfortunately due to circumstances out of his control Punk is leaking credibility as a top guy at an alarming rate.

Imagine if when Bret Hart first won the title a few weeks later Superstar Billy Graham had returned and beat the shit out of him.

It was clean enough :| He had him pinned for a 3 count that's all that matters :P

I'm waiting to see what happens tonight on Raw.

The MITB rules state that the champion has to be on his feet and aware of the challenge before the match starts. That clearly didn't happen either. But this is WWE where they just rewrite the rule book whenever the want.

It was clean enough :| He had him pinned for a 3 count that's all that matters :P

I'm waiting to see what happens tonight on Raw.

The MITB rules state that the champion has to be on his feet and aware of the challenge before the match starts. That clearly didn't happen either. But this is WWE where they just rewrite the rule book whenever the want.

Not to mention he cashed in MITB once already.

Nah, looks like they're setting up CM Punk v Nash.

Cena has no right getting a title shot though, and him bitching out Del Rio not being a "legitimate" champion because all he did was cashed in a briefcase was bullshit. Cena should know all about not being a legitimate champion.

Him then going on about "sooner or later you'll have to defend that title" after he's JUST THAT SECOND defended it against Mysterio is even more levels of Cena Logic. Oh, wait, I forgot, Cena is the only person allowed to win titles, so to defend it, you have to beat Cena, beating anyone else doesn't count as defending because they're just Cena's play toys.

Bullshit booking, and some of the worst Raw finishes ever (The Riley Swagger finish... jesus christ, actually scratch that, the entire **** match)

Seriously, where in the lines of logic do you set up Cena for a title shot after he's just dropped 2 belts in a row to CM Punk? It's just undefendable.

The best feud of the year has ended with a rope break pin fall, and then seemingly been forgot about.

Ha. That finisher on Riley from Swagger was terrible. Took him about 3 attempts to land it.

Aye, Riley really **** that one up, he had no clue what was going on, Swagger just had to lift his dead weight into position. It was a miracle Swagger managed to land it at all really.

I don't know how Riley has a place on the roster, he's clueless. He was constantly out of position throughout the entire match. I'd say send him back to FCW, but he was there for years already.

They really need to do something great to rescue this, raw was terrible and the way its all kind of petered out is just a waste. All the build up over the past few months and its all kind of collapsed. Like the Don said, Cena straight back in the title hunt and punk pissing about with nash and steph/hhh in a faux austin v vince parody. Like i said yesterday, they need a miracle to sort this.

Â