PL: Portsmouth a Match Thread 2010/04/18 16:00

limpid

A bit complexed.

From reading a couple of pages on this thread you would think we had played badly that first half?

I thought we looked very good going forward. Very good. I think our defending looks a bit shoddy though.

Its the same old shite though, lots of the ball lots of passing it out wide around the box and lots of wipping the ball in but without getting people on the end of it or getting a shot on goal.

Portsmouth are shite, beyond shite, they have a kid playing LB who doesn't look even close to being ready and we've had about 5 shots on goal in 45 minutes.

I don't call that looking very good going forward personally.

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our players look like they don't care. Hardly celebrate goals anymore. Compare that to the hunger, desire and quality shown by Spurs lately and it's really quite alarming.

A bit complexed.

From reading a couple of pages on this thread you would think we had played badly that first half?

I thought we looked very good going forward. Very good. I think our defending looks a bit shoddy though.

their left back is a 17 year old debutant and they are so hard up for players that they only have 6 subs and yet neither downing nor young have managed to beat him, make space and put a cross on someones head!

maybe we just expect too much of players that cost over 20 million between them.

Guest Ricardomeister

Not clinical enough up front, poor defensively against Pompey reserves. Must do better in the 2nd half. Yes the ref should have given a pen when Gabby was fouled but Dunne got away with one earlier that could easily have been given. Whether Gabby was fouled in the build up to their goal was debatable but we had plenty of opportunity to defend properly and we were disorganised, and no midfielder bothered to track Brown's run. That is laziness, not the ref's fault.

our forward play involves the same old routine. we never play it through the middle when we break, its always get it to downing and young who have no end product. through the middle we pass sideways too much, petrov has disappeared again and milner tried running with the ball too much.

at the back we look scared and disorganised. i reckon pompey will score again if we are not careful.

we have been very, very poor today.

Petrov is supposed to be a box to box player - he's about as much box to box as Cliff Richard

Since when? Maybe at Celtic but thats not hard is it, ever since he's been here he's sat back.

Well if that's the case then he's shite at that job !!

need to get back to the short passing and movement we showed in the first 10 minutes- the thing that had us causing problems to pompeys defence which is not good. they are there for the taking

rather predictably after the goals we have reverted to knocking it down the line and getting it wide at every opportunity. also need to cut out the ridiculous ambitious cross field passes which arent working.

Petrov is supposed to be a box to box player - he's about as much box to box as Cliff Richard

Petrov hasn't been a box-to-box player for years. If anyone is meant to be a box-to-box player it's Milner.

Or NRC?