PL: Portsmouth a Match Thread 2010/04/18 16:00

limpid

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ash is the only one who can put a propper cross in. milner can but ofc hes in the center, cuellar warnock downing with no pressure on ball have them penned in and its shit cross after shit cross. i dont understand

Young does about 1 decent cross in 4 or 5.

No idea up front. Just can't see us winning this. As said before this is a game where both sets of players know their season is over. Going through the motions.

well if i was the villa manager they would find out within seconds of walking into the dressing room at half time that the season isnt over. when we werent in the uefa cup it was the holy grail, now we have got there a couple of times we are playing like we deliberately dont want to qualify for it. yes martin, it will mean more games - AND MORE MONEY.

Some people dont know what theyre talking about...........

feel free to clarify at your leisure...

or do you feel that we are busting guts here?

Thanks for giving me the freedom to respond........We're doing ok going forward, should have had 2 penalties and Carew missed a sitter....thats 4 goals we should have already.

I was more worried about the way Portsmouth were breaking at will straight through the middle of the pitch and the way we werent picking up runners.

I see the knives are out for Petrov again.

ridiculous statement - I am only slightly surprised you didn't use the word scapegoat. Can't people post what they think on the players performances or is Petrov as one of MON's magic X1 beyond any sort of scrutiny?

It's not a ridiculous statement at all. The knives are out for 'the average player that he is'.

Are you surprised I didn't use a particlaur word? I don't see why you should as 'scapegoat' is a word that I would very rarely use or are you trying to put words into someone's mouth?

Is he beyond scrutiny? Of course not. A lot of the 'scrutiny' (and this applies to many other players than just Petrov) seems to be lacking in any actual appraisal of how someone might have played; it is more of an opportunity to offer already held (prejudiced) opinions.

In fact, it's pretty much the same (though on the other side of the coin) as what seems to get you narked about O'Neil.