PL: Everton h Match Thread 2010/04/14 19:45

limpid

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never confident when we play everton. its also a fixture i never look forward to, don't like everton at all - its mainly an irrational hatred but absolutely despise leon osman and steven pienaar. hope they have mares tomorrow.

never confident when we play everton. its also a fixture i never look forward to, don't like everton at all - its mainly an irrational hatred but absolutely despise leon osman and steven pienaar. hope they have mares tomorrow.

I can understand Pienaar cos I know a few people that hate him but why Osman? :(

I can't really think of a reason to hate Everton in fact they are one of the least offensive sides in the league. Like all clubs some of their fans are arses but thats true of all clubs but on the whole they are okay, their manager has the odd moment but is largelly ok, other than the dirty one their players are okay. They have a good history, don't have a chip or dillusions of grandure like some clubs and tend to go about their business in the right way.

Nope can't see why anyone would hate them.

They hate us though! Quite amusing the amount of bile pointed in our direction on their websites.

They don't so much hate the club, I don't think. I think it's more the personnel at your club, and some of the fans, but as Trent says, every club has them.

I think they cannot stand Young!

This is true :lol:

I know a few people hate Pienaar because he knows how to use his body correctly to win free kicks but they see this as cheating. He also looks like a right moody get half the time :lol:

Yep Everton fans hate Young but then a lot of other teams fans hate him, he has a bit of a reputation for shall we say going to ground too easily. If I'm honest if I supported another side I would probably feel the same especially as he does go to ground too easily.

All that said I don't think that late winner at Goodison helped much either :D

I'd say the reasons that some Villa fans don't like Pienaar are very similar to the reasons they don't like Young.

I hated Lescott, his celebrations for being a Villa fan were stupid, always said Jagielka made him look good!

Jagielka makes all his centre back partners look good, Distin looks very very good next to him, Yobo and Lescott always looked better with Jagielka than with each other.

To be fair guys, Lescott celebrated like that whoever he scored against so I wouldn't take it personally.

Lescott is a better all round footballer than Jagielka but Jagielka is a better defender.

I hated Lescott, his celebrations for being a Villa fan were stupid, always said Jagielka made him look good!

Jagielka makes all his centre back partners look good, Distin looks very very good next to him, Yobo and Lescott always looked better with Jagielka than with each other.

To be fair guys, Lescott celebrated like that whoever he scored against so I wouldn't take it personally.

Lescott is a better all round footballer than Jagielka but Jagielka is a better defender.

You obviously see/saw them every week but everytime I see Lescott I alway think he looks slightly clumsy on the ball compared to Jagielka.

Is Arteta definitely out then?

You obviously see/saw them every week but everytime I see Lescott I alway think he looks slightly clumsy on the ball compared to Jagielka.

Is Arteta definitely out then?

Arteta is about 98% out. I'm not saying totally cos Moyes has pulled this trick before but this time I'm fairly certain he is out.

Lescott was far more comfortable in possession of the ball, in my view. He moved better with it, he passed it better, and he knows where the back of the net is.

Jagielka sometimes seems a little rushed and panicked in possession on occasions, and I think he lost possession a lot more than Lescott. As a leader, and a defender though he is top. He's a real communicator, unlike the others, and he is very instinctual which I think is what makes him such a good defender. The amount of last ditch blocks and tackles he gets in when you feel is a certain goal is pretty astounding.