PL: Everton h Match Thread 2010/04/14 19:45

limpid

Call me a footballing genius with psychic powers if you wish but this is my take.

First half

Play nice football, dominate possession, Young and Downing will put cross after cross into our box and no one gambles.

We may even manage to get a lead at some point.

Second Half

Even first 15 minutes, then, for some unknown reason and totally out of the blue because it has never happened before, after around 58 minutes it will seem if Petrov and Milners legs look as if they have 500kg weights around them.

They start to dominate midfield and attack in waves.

After about 72 minutes, Everton will score, and then we will be hanging on for dear life to the whistle.

End result 1-1, maybe a 2-1 loss, depending on if we hold out.

However

I wouldn't take any notice of that, because it's never happened before so why would it happen Wednesday !

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a footballing genius with psychic powers if you wish but this is my take.

First half

Play nice football, dominate possession, Young and Downing will put cross after cross into our box and no one gambles.

We may even manage to get a lead at some point.

Second Half

Even first 15 minutes, then, for some unknown reason and totally out of the blue because it has never happened before, after around 58 minutes it will seem if Petrov and Milners legs look as if they have 500kg weights around them.

They start to dominate midfield and attack in waves.

After about 72 minutes, Everton will score, and then we will be hanging on for dear life to the whistle.

End result 1-1, maybe a 2-1 loss, depending on if we hold out.

However

I wouldn't take any notice of that, because it's never happened before so why would it happen Wednesday !

Good job latching onto the "Villa tire after 60 minutes every game" bandwagon.

Mate, I think I was the one who started it back in 2007 with Petrov !!!!

Do you really, really really really really think it was a co-incedence that Chelseas captain says it two weeks ago after a 7-1 thrashing.

Then,

Two weeks later, between the 60th and 70th minute, Chelsea make two substitutions, putting fresh legs into their midfield - and guess what, they end up scoring 3 goals !.

Do you seriously think that was "lucky"

That is why Ancelotti has won everything he has ever entered !!!!

Mate, I think I was the one who started it back in 2007 with Petrov !!!!

Do you really, really really really really think it was a co-incedence that Chelseas captain says it two weeks ago after a 7-1 thrashing.

Then,

Two weeks later, between the 60th and 70th minute, Chelsea make two substitutions, putting fresh legs into their midfield - and guess what, they end up scoring 3 goals !.

I'd say that first goal was quite lucky. Their second goal came as a result of us pushing for an equaliser and the third goal was probably because we knew we'd lost the game by then.

Yeah, they scored from a poor clearance on a set peice in a game we completely dominated which meant we 'tired', full of it.

Ancelotti has won everything he has entered? EH!?

Yeah, they scored from a poor clearance on a set peice in a game we completely dominated which meant we 'tired', full of it.

You know, it would be quite a nice suprise if you didnt insult someone everytime you post and accept that although you believe your opinion to be fact, not everyone else does.

You know, it would be quite a nice suprise if you didnt insult someone everytime you post and accept that although you believe your opinion to be fact, not everyone else does.

1. What insult.

2: Could you please highlight and underline where I said it was a fact.

It would be very nice if you'd stop taking every post I make to heart. I do apologise if something I've said in this post is offending, you seem to think some very odd things are 'insults'. :?

1. What insult.

2: Could you please highlight and underline where I said it was a fact.

It would be very nice if you'd stop taking every post I make to heart. I do apologise if something I've said in this post is offending, you seem to think some very odd things are 'insults'. :?

You said the poster you quoted was 'full of it'. Whys that? Because he's got a different opinion to you? Its not so much that post in particular, i've read plenty of your posts in other threads and you get shirty with anyone that dare challenge your opinion, so you wheel out the foul language and start throwing insults about.

You said the poster you quoted was 'full of it'. Whys that? Because he's got a different opinion to you? Its not so much that post in particular, i've read plenty of your posts in other threads and you get shirty with anyone that dare challenge your opinion, so you wheel out the foul language and start throwing insults about.

Yes, I do think he's full of it regarding that post, which is my opinion. Afterall, we're allowed opinions, right? Why is it okay for him to have an opinion yet I'm not allowed to disagree with it, but when I have an opinion and somebody disagrees I 'get shirty' with them? :? I have an opinion, if somebody disagrees we have a debate, afterall, this is a forum.

You know, it would be quite a nice suprise if you didnt insult someone everytime you post and accept that although you believe your opinion to be fact, not everyone else does

Though I do want an apology, or proof.

Apparently I "insult someone everytime I post". Are you going to back this statement up with actual proof or not?

Yes, I do think he's full of it regarding that post, which is my opinion. Afterall, we're allowed opinions, right? Why is it okay for him to have an opinion yet I'm not allowed to disagree with it, but when I have an opinion and somebody disagrees I 'get shirty' with them? :? I have an opinion, if somebody disagrees we have a debate, afterall, this is a forum.

You know, it would be quite a nice suprise if you didnt insult someone everytime you post and accept that although you believe your opinion to be fact, not everyone else does

Though I do want an apology, or proof.

Apparently I "insult someone everytime I post". Are you going to back this statement up with actual proof or not?

You probably know you're in the wrong, but you'd argue until you were blue in face, even if you did know you were wrong. I bet you're the kind of person that could start an arguement in an empty room!

Yes, you are entitled to an opinion, but its the way you dismiss everyone elses as if yours is the only one that counts, and 'I'm right, you're wrong, if you don't like it, **** off!'. Or you could stick around and i'll say your full of shit and throw a few insults your way.

And no, I'm not going to trawl through your posts to find evidence to back up what i'm saying.

full of it.

Kurt doesnt agree, Paul is full of it!

full of it.

Ouch, poor editing.

The last line and the part of my post you quoted actually makes my opinion factually correct as Carlo has not won everything he's entered.

Right, here you go - simple plain English.

People say on here "So you think you know more than Martin O'Neill, who is a top premier league manager"

So, by that account.

2 weeks ago. The (only taken off him because of non footballing reasons) captain of England states after beating Villa 7-1 that Chelsea had "discussed that Villa tire after 60 minutes".

This is the Chelsea that are managed by Carlo Ancellotti - who has won Italian Leagues, Italian Cups, The Champions League, and now, most probably, the English premier league and FA Cup.

So basically - as I said, everything he has ever entered (if everything goes as it should in the next 4 weeks).

This is also said on numerous threads in Villa talk boards about how our midfield wilts after 60 mins.

Two weeks later, and in the (not exact but estimate) after 60 minutes Chelsea put on a midfielder in central midfield to run at Petrov - result GOAL !, he then puts a HOLDING midfielder on straight afterwards with fresh legs. result - we have not one single shot after that point - AND THEY SCORE TWO MORE.

Now, call me simplistic - but if Martin O'Neill knows more than me. And John Terry has ADMITTED that Chelsea had talked about this fact.

Has it ever occurred to you that Carlo Ancelotti knows more than Martin O'Neill.

And quite possibly, now forgive me, as this does sound silly - we actually might tire after 60 minutes ?

Maybe ? - go on..... admit it...... :D

Oh and by the way. -

Tiredness isn't just about the legs, you know them signs on the motorway "TIREDNESS KILLS" - is that because people running in the fast lane can't keep up with the cars ?

Tiredness is in the mind - guess what - what was that you just said - it was a "mistake" wasn't it. Is that the same "mistake" that left Wayne Rooney unmarked 4 yards out from goal 6 weeks ago ?

TIREDNESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

full of it.

Ouch, poor editing.

The last line and the part of my post you quoted actually makes my opinion factually correct as Carlo has not won everything he's entered.

I cut out the bit you asked me to.

This is the Chelsea that are managed by Carlo Ancellotti - who has won Italian Leagues, Italian Cups, The Champions League, and now, most probably, the English premier league and FA Cup.

So basically - as I said, everything he has ever entered (if everything goes as it should in the next 4 weeks).

Aye, Carlo's won an awful lot in his managerial career, but this is his first season in England and the CC Final was between United and oursevles.

Anyways, I'll go for 1-1 against Everton.

Last time I checked this was the Everton match thread.

Anyway tough game this is. A win and 4th is still on but I wouldn't be too disheartened with a draw (4th is gone though as I think we will lose to Citeh).