PL: Everton h Match Thread 2010/04/14 19:45

limpid

Just look at your last two games. When you needed a spark and somebody with real quality, you were badly lacking. Now compare that with the Man City game.

You’re a noticeably poorer side without Arteta, as most teams would be.

Yeah, I already said we were a poorer side without him (as any team would be) but we DO have a cutting edge without him, as proven by the fact we picked up some good results in the year he was out.

Every club does. I said you were a poorer side without him, you didn’t infer that I meant you were incapable of winning a game without him did you?

In the past two games you’ve looked like you’re winding down for the end of the season, couple this with you missing several key players and a very poor record at Villa Park, leads me to think that we’ll be alright.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They hate us though! Quite amusing the amount of bile pointed in our direction on their websites.

Any links? i could do with getting wound up before going to the match tonight - always gets me in the mood for a good old sing song....at their fans who will be sat down for the whole match.

Havent lost to everton for quite a while if my memory serves me correct, I expect a villa win tbh.

Going 2-0

Aye, about 5 years ago. Its their only win in 21 years at Villa Park.

They hate us though! Quite amusing the amount of bile pointed in our direction on their websites.

Any links? i could do with getting wound up before going to the match tonight - always gets me in the mood for a good old sing song....at their fans who will be sat down for the whole match.

Have a look on Bluekipper. You’ll see Masso and his bitter chums all whinging and gnashing their teeth at us being ‘utter carts’ and how vastly overrated we are. I think it comes down to the media coverage we got before last Christmas, as like a gaggle of spoilt teenagers they all got a wee bit jealous that Everton weren’t getting the coverage they perceived they should be as we were instead.

‘utter carts’

Got to love swear filters :D

Who are you on Kipper?

I won't out you, honest.. :suspect::lol:

I've just read the match thread on there and there is barely anything of what you are saying :?

I reckon we will win 6 - 2 with a brace each from Platt and Olney

Seriously though, I totally believe that if we win tonight we WILL nick 4th spot. The Citeh game (which I have a ticket for) will be simply HUGE

3 - 1 to Everton tonight i'm afraid.

They'll go one up, we'll equalise quickly... have a massive midfield battle, 70+ minutes we'll go for it and concede two!

Think it will be a cracking game. I really like Everton, and i really like our matches against each other....

I think it comes down to the media coverage we got before last Christmas, as like a gaggle of spoilt teenagers they all got a wee bit jealous that Everton weren’t getting the coverage they perceived they should be as we were instead.

But wernt they a pile of shite before last christmas...as they were this year too?

Seriously, if they didnt blow their season in the first 15 games each year they could probably win the league.

I think it will be a draw. I imagine we will come flying out the blocks. We'll be like caged tigers after the wembley fiascio.

Thank phuck arteta is injured (said on bbc)

I don't see O'Neill changing anything I really think we need a moment of brilliance from someone just to lift the whole place. Good luck lads.

I'm with Hanky. It's impossible to know how this one will go.

But if we win it will revitalise our season and whoever plays well/scores will become instant heroes.

I'm feeling more nervous than I did before either of the Wembley games.

It's very hard to see us winning this game. Everton are a good team (part of a top eight who I'd say are significantly better than the rest of the League), and we hardly ever seem to win a home game against a good team.

In fact, our home record against teams in the top eight (last season and this season) reads:

Won 1, Drawn 9, Lost 3.

The win against Chelsea earlier in the season was the only exception to the rule that Villa are simply incapable of beating anyone any good at Villa Park.

So it looks like the best we can hope for is yet another "decent point against a good side". Either that or we'll lose because Everton are a better team and they need to win if they want to qualify for Europe.

Sorry to be so pessimistic. I hope I'm proved wrong...