PL: Everton h Match Thread 2010/04/14 19:45

limpid

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest compliment I can pay to Arteta is that I'm delighted he is out of the game, people only need look at Everton's results with him compared to in his absence in order to see the impact he has.

I certainly feel more confident than I was about the game I hope the players aren't knackered because it still won't be easy, far from it. A win though will ensure we can stop looking over our shoulders and look up and see who we can catch over the remaining fixtures starting with Liverpool and spurs.

If we win this we can start looking over our shoulder at Liverpool and looking up at Spurs and City.

I'd be delighted if that happened, shocked and in need of a heart monitor but delighted all the same. Heskey hat-trick? I don't think that will ever happen in our colours. He has only managed 3 league goals this season I can't see him doubling that in one game some how. :D

well it's either a chance to revive late hopes with a win and a spurs loss, with then hull and pompey up next giving us a good shot at some points recuperation, or it really is all over, we get a dour draw and spurs pull off of a terrific win against arsenal. All or nothing tonight... COME ON YOU BASTARDS

We can win tonight, but in order for that to happen we will have to put in a massive effort, Everton are certainly no pushovers and they are on a good run now. The center of midfield will surely be the key tonight, if we can withstand the pressure there, we have a real chance. Although i fear Petrov will be overrun as usual. And please MON, for the love of god, no unfit players anymore, if the likes of Dunne and Milner aren't 100% they should not start the game. I think a five-man midfield is the way to go against Everton, perhaps give Delph a chance to show his worth, with Gabby upfront on his own.

I am hoping we'll win this, but to be fair i see a draw as the most likely outcome. 0-0. UTV!

2-0

Pienaar & Osman

Nah, no Arteta equals no cutting edge.

Yes because in the year he was out we never won a game because we had no 'cutting edge' :lol:

Just look at your last two games. When you needed a spark and somebody with real quality, you were badly lacking. Now compare that with the Man City game.

You’re a noticeably poorer side without Arteta, as most teams would be.

Just look at your last two games. When you needed a spark and somebody with real quality, you were badly lacking. Now compare that with the Man City game.

You’re a noticeably poorer side without Arteta, as most teams would be.

Yeah, I already said we were a poorer side without him (as any team would be) but we DO have a cutting edge without him, as proven by the fact we picked up some good results in the year he was out.