PL: Everton h Match Thread 2010/04/14 19:45

limpid

Paul, why are your facts always misguided! Last time I checked Kalou is a winger replacing Joe Cole so don't know how he ran at Petrov, Anelka replaced Drogba and Ballack replaced Deco in that order! Similar type players for me, anyway back to the game if we start well and take the game to them and then can see us winning, first goal is crucial? Any injury news for you guys AG?

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd Like tos ee this team for a few sets of fresh legs

Friedel

Warnock

Collins

Cuellar (is Dunne fully fit after knock?)

L.Young

Downing (Albrighton at half time not 20 to go if Downing is looking slow)

Delph

Petrov

Milner (Sidwell at half time not 20 to go if Milner is looking slow)

A.Young

Agbonlahor

Subs (and please use them MON)

Guzan

Bouma

Dunne

Albrighton

Sidwell

Delfouneso

A small child with one leg who has never played football, otherwise Heskey.

Injuries for us:

Definitely out - Fellaini, Gosling.

Doubts - Arteta, Anichebe, Yobo.

No suspensions.

I expect team will be:

Howard

Neville

Jagielka

Distin

Baines

Bilyaletdinov

Osman

Heitinga

Cahill

Pienaar

Saha

Yakubu might start instead of Saha. As might Rodwell or Arteta (if fit) for Billy I'd guess - meaning Osman out wide.

Unless we go 4-5-1 in this game i can see Everton over running us in midfield. Like us they've got a really good work rate and with the likes of Cahill, Osman, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell, they've got some good quality and hardworking midfielders. If we're going to stick just Milner and Petrov in the middle against 3 of these lot then we're going to be out battled and overrun.

I'd go 4-5-1 maybe giving either Petrov or Milner a rest after Saturday.

Friedel

Luke Young

Dunne

Cuellar

Warnock

Downing

Delph

Petrov

Sidwell

Ash Young

Gabby

But i reckon we'll go 4-4-2 and Everton will win this 1-0.

I wouldn't be against playing 4-5-1, especially if they do, maybe stick Delph in there alongside Petrov just in front of the back 4 and let Milner roam a bit...But we all know it will be same-old, same-old...

:winkold:

Unless we go 4-5-1 in this game i can see Everton over running us in midfield. Like us they've got a really good work rate and with the likes of Cahill, Osman, Pienaar, Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell, they've got some good quality and hardworking midfielders. If we're going to stick just Milner and Petrov in the middle against 3 of these lot then we're going to be out battled and overrun.

I'd go 4-5-1 maybe giving either Petrov or Milner a rest after Saturday.

Friedel

Luke Young

Dunne

Cuellar

Warnock

Downing

Delph

Petrov

Sidwell

Ash Young

Gabby

Agreed with this, I reckon we'll end up drawing the match though and actually think we'll be unbeaten now till the end of the season, but will miss out on 4th, think 5th or 6th is still do-able though.

No signs of NRC or the Fonz in todays reserve match so they may feature in the squad for Weds - I hope NRC gets on the bench at least.

This will be a tough match but my gut feeling it will be a tight 2-1 to us!

We win this at all costs.

I don't consider we where beaten on Saturday we where denied the possibility of a win and a place in the final, big difference IMO.

There is only one way to answer this, where possible with the exception of injury we put the same team out so the lads can prove a point, utterly convinced they will be chomping at the bit to get at Everton, no because its Everton but to right the wrongs.

Convinced the lads will turn this negative into a positive and pull of a valiant result full of vim and vigour, loads of energy and commitment.

Good solid win coming up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then we can have a look at making sure we are in Europe next season, lets face it after Everton there isn't to much to worry about.

Oh joy, I just love it when we try and play 442 at home against a side playing 451.

To be fair, Cahill basically plays as a striker half the time.

Only when you have the ball though I would imagine? Which means when we have it he will drop back into midfield making you hard to break down which is what we struggle with.

Yeah they let themselves down with those last two results but their form since Christmas has been very impressive, they also have the added insentive of seeing Liverpool within touching distance. I would imagine for them finishing above L'pool would be a great end to the season.

Injuries for us:

Definitely out - Fellaini, Gosling.

Doubts - Arteta, Anichebe, Yobo.

No suspensions.

I expect team will be:

Howard

Neville

Jagielka

Distin

Baines

Bilyaletdinov

Osman

Heitinga

Cahill

Pienaar

Saha

Yakubu might start instead of Saha. As might Rodwell or Arteta (if fit) for Billy I'd guess - meaning Osman out wide.

That's a strong team AG - this everton team dismanteld a very strong Man City team the other week so I expect (as usual) a very tough game probably resulting in a draw. I cant see us getting the win - we will struggle with Everton's tenacity - and that boy Cahill is probably the best midfielder outside of the Sky4.

We need a win.