Distin

Baines

Bilyaletdinov

Osman

Heitinga

Cahill

Pienaar

Saha

Yakubu might start instead of Saha. As might Rodwell or Arteta (if fit) for Billy I'd guess - meaning Osman out wide.

That's a strong team AG - this everton team dismanteld a very strong Man City team the other week so I expect (as usual) a very tough game probably resulting in a draw. I cant see us getting the win - we will struggle with Everton's tenacity - and that boy Cahill is probably the best midfielder outside of the Sky4.

We need a win.

Cahill best midfielder outside of the top 4....with his head maybe. Massively over rated for me.

The one fixture I always dread. I absolutely hate Everton. I want us to score a goal where gabby fouls about 10 players before heading the ball into the net. A bit like Tim Cahill did at VP last year - only then to get praise from the pundits at h/t

Think the words were

See watch Cahill there, he gives the defender a little shove, and then drags him to the ground, which allows him to gain an extra yard. Very Very Clever.

That would be a foul then? No?

Villa 6 - 0 Everton

Great news Arteta out for tommorow! Everton are still a great side but him

being out is a boost for us!

Crap :cry:

Cahill's allround game improved immensely last season, his passing and technical side of the game has really improved. He was poor at the start of the season but was being played out of position, he's stepped it up since Xmas.

It's on there official site, still going to be huge test but Arteta and Anichebe out is a good thing! Arteta is the one player who separates us in terms of real quality and just by AG's name you can tell how highly she rates him!

It's on there official site, still going to be huge test but Arteta and Anichebe out is a good thing! Arteta is the one player who separates us in terms of real quality and just by AG's name you can tell how highly she rates him!

He is a player who can go out and totally dictate and run a game himself. He is key to how we play and although we are still a pretty good, strong team without him, we are nowhere near as good as we are with him..

I think the biggest compliment I can pay to Arteta is that I'm delighted he is out of the game, people only need look at Everton's results with him compared to in his absence in order to see the impact he has.

I certainly feel more confident than I was about the game I hope the players aren't knackered because it still won't be easy, far from it. A win though will ensure we can stop looking over our shoulders and look up and see who we can catch over the remaining fixtures starting with Liverpool and spurs.

First goal crucial, keep the faith Chindie! Everyone writing those tired boys off!

My faith's kept it's just this has draw written all over it in big **** off letters to my mind.

Will be betting on that eventuality as well.

I think the biggest compliment I can pay to Arteta is that I'm delighted he is out of the game, people only need look at Everton's results with him compared to in his absence in order to see the impact he has.

Wolves fans were bouncing when they heard he was out and we still slaughtered them for 90 minutes but couldn't score. I'm in no doubt we would of won our previous 2 games had Arteta had been playing. He gives us that extra something. Although we have quality creative players in Pienaar (who has been top class this season), Osman, Bilyaletdinov, it just isn't the same. Arteta just knits everything together and is sort of a pivot in the midfield. Will be a big miss but I'm backing Pienaar to step up again as he has done countless times this season.

I actually think he will start Rodwell and put Osman out wide, because Bily is still getting up to speed with things and this is a tough, tough game.

I'd bet on Rodwell playing partly due to height in the box! More confident that Arteta ain't playing though! Come on you Villa boys and lets get behind them!

Billy is only an inch shorter than Rodwell :P He's decent in the air as well actually :shock:

I think it would be more to do with the fact Billy can sometimes lose concentration and get caught out of position. Rodwell would play more forward with Heitinga sitting infront of the back 4.

EDIT: I changed it...sounded a bit rude :lol: