• Downing
    • A Young
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell 75
    • Heskey 70

Just back. Massive, massive win after last weekend and were comfortable for the most part. MON got it conmpletely spot on today and I hope the support for him showed we want him here.

Anyway:

Friedel 7- Made a couple of important saves and really dealt well with the aerial threat with a couple of good punches.

Cuellar 7- Solid defensively and not too bad on the ball today, couple of passes went astray but cannot be faulted too much.

Collins 8- Was a monster against Davies and won pretty much everything he challenged for in the air. Hope he doesn't take a free kick again though.

Dunne 8- Back to his best.

Warnock 7- Much better today. Good on the overlap and solid defensively.

A.Young 7- Can create something out of nothing, cracking finish, showed why he is the man.

Petrov 8- Captain's display. Put some good interceptions in and never stopped running. A tribute to the so called 'tiredness' that he was running 50 yards and wanted to recieve the ball when Friedel caught a corner in the 90th minute.

Delph 7- Good first half, one of our best players. Calm on the ball and some good tackles. Injury must have caught up with him second half.

Downing 6- Not his best but a solid performance and did a job, would like to see more from him though.

Agbonlahor 7- Really is an outlet for us by putting defenders under pressure, we miss him when not playing. Should have buried the one on one though.

Carew 6.5- Considering he wasn't fully fit it was a good effort from him, took too many touches at times but was a handful for both their centre halves.

Heskey and Sidwell 6- Both did their jobs well when they came on.

Petrov deserve credit for his performance today, real captain performance.
He played well today against a very mundane Bolton team, but one swallow doesn't make the summer.

He's be consistently solid for two years now, so I'm pretty sure it's not one swallow. Remember he was palyers player and fans player of the year last year. He is still a scapegoat for many on here, but he is very consistent, very experienced and a good captain.

I don't agree with your view point, Petrov shouldn't be the captain either. I still stand by my comment.

Avfc89 I more than agree with you with regard to Stan as a DM, but I for one saw a different player today. Hopefully MON will wake up to the idea that he is much more effective when advanced, I've no problem with that. But I agree that we are unlikely to progress with him as the cog and 'irreplacable captain fantastic player of the year' at DM.

Today has again made me feel that Delph can be his more than adequate replacement in the near future.

Okay 3 quick points in regards to your points, NRC is injured so that rules out your 1st point, 2nd point Bolton had Megson at VP and there style was truly shite, Coyle has taken over and got them playing his way, not alot of teams have been up there and picked up 3 points and who gives a shit about Terry cos he is no master on football tactics!

3 quick points in response to yours. I said that NRC should have got a longer run in the side after the last Bolton game. I know he is injured and cannot play at the minute so am confused as to what point you think you are making? In response to your second point, I didn't see that much style in Bolton today? And to your third point, JT might not be a master on football tactics and may be a complete tosser but, IMO, he was spot on with his assessment of Villa.

Your response didn't really address my main point ... that Stan tires and becomes less effective after 60 minutes. Do you think this is incorrect?

Not long back - Great win. We limited Bolton to very few efforts and probably should have won by more.

Martin was clearly delighted with the win and punched the air at the end.

Next stop WEMB - ER - LEY!

Great defending today. Petrov was excellent, pleased about Delphs performance too, he had a very good first half i thought. Downing is the worst buy ive seen for many seasons, atleast at that price. Since Petrov injured him last season, he seems to be very afraid of getting stuck in and slows down as soon as someone comes near him. Also, crossing is atrocious. Attack was kind of quiet, Gabby shouldve buried the one on one at the end.

**** great win!

Delph was very conservative in his play although I only saw the first half.

I mean that in a positive way BTW, he very rarely gives it away or has shots considering the goals he was scoring at Leeds.

He's definitely feeling his way into the league but his touch and ease of passing is there for all to see.

Not long got back so will do my ratings, overall glad we got the win and a good day out! Bolton fans are poor though don't remember one song at all!!

Friedel- 7, Had a couple of saves to make, punches from corners did fine.

Cuellar- 7, Did okay, a few good passes and a few that went astray but overall okay.

Dunne- 7, Another solid game.

Collins- 8 Same as Dunne kept a clean sheet, better rating as won everything in the air

Warnock- 7 Solid performance, made some good overlaps.

Downing- 6 Did okay, seems a little lightweight at times expect him to have more of a stronger shot.

Delph- 7 Solid performance, looks up and makes some good passes and finds holes other players don't, conservative performance not much of the solid tackling we usually see.

Petrov- 9 MOTM for me, thought he won everything in midfield and made some very good passes and runs right till the end.

Young- 8 Very good goal can't wait to see it again, much improved lately just frustrating sometimes when he just floats in corners and free kicks straight to the keeper.

Carew- 6 Didn't think he did much, held up the ball okay don't remember anything notable.

Agbonglahor- 7 Thought he looked very lively, his pace was threatening to their defence. Horrible boots though!

didnt watch the game but thrilled we are back to winning ways it was ahuge win and a clean sheet which is always welcome.

delighted milner got a rest, and was relieved to see all our players like gabby, carew and dunney play. i still think cuellar shouldnt be rb and chelsea will expose him next week i think

Did anyone think Burnley would get a result? Our big game is Everton!

Too true!

3 days after the semi wont give us much time for preparation or recovery.

(Im not even raising my fears about what the wembly pitch and what it may do to a few of the team.)

My Ratings would be:

Friedel- 7.5 Some good saves and confident punches

Cuellar- 6.5 Defensively fine but crosses are poor, some nice passes though.

Dunne- 7 Classic Dunne

Collins- 6.5 Solid job but one big mistake where Friedel bailed him out with a great save.

Warnock- 7 Added a lot of width on the left and was defensively solid

Downing- 5.5 average with a couple of good dead ball deliveries

Delph- 7 Excellent first half, played very well with Petrov looked comfortable on the ball and looked to drive through the midfield. Went invisible second half most likely struggling after being injured the last couple of weeks

Petrov- 8 Benefited from playing next to a midfielder that didn't keep drifting wide and the extra attacking freedom. Think we'll see the best of him in a 3 man midfield on him delph and milner.

Young- 8 MOTM Very good goal. Was always looking a threat with the ball trying to beat defenders. Needs to work on his dead ball delivery as hes being wasteful at the moment.

Carew- 6 Didn't look fully fit but was a handful for the defenders

Agbonglahor- 5.5 marked down for missing a great chance to seal the game up early. Otherwise a strong performance brought other players into the game

Subs: Sidwell 5 nothing of note.

Heskey 6.5 Was good when he came on. Held up well and almost scored. Prefer seeing him come on the bench than starting, dont want him on when we are chasing a goal though.