• Delph
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell 75
    • Heskey 70

1 0 the score i wanted.

we needed to win and did it.

didnt want to us to take bolton to pieces, would have been used by chelsea to focus their players mind before the semi.

didnt expect spurs to lose. can now see us pushing quite close for 4th.

end of the day. 3 points. a good days work

Wilshere flies into Cueller at the final whistle to create mass handbags :lol:

A win, which ever way it would come was required and we got it. Well done.

I've seen Wilshere playing in the Arsenal youth side and he's an arrogant prick, needs a few slappings to take him down a peg or two

Deflating 2nd half after an excellent 1st.

Pretty much every player drifted away after the break, particularly Young. Downing's crossing is on a par with Carlos's, it's really starting to piss me off.

We got 3 points but that second half performance won't get us very far in the long run.

Mate what is your problem? 3 points and well deserved. Not a classic game but we were clearly better side and restricted them to half chances.

I haven't got a problem mate, I know my football and I know that second half was poor.

We were great in the first half but Bolton pretty much dominated play after that. We need to learn how to keep the ball if we ever hope to finish higher than 5th.

If you knew your football you'd know that away from home 1-0 up is a fragile position and you expect pressure in the second half from a home team. You may have noticed certain Barcelona - who know a bit about keeping the ball - succumb to this effect last week

I haven't got a problem mate, I know my football and I know that second half was poor.

We were great in the first half but Bolton pretty much dominated play after that. We need to learn how to keep the ball if we ever hope to finish higher than 5th.

Cop on mate, we created the chances to finish them off in the second half, we controlled the game for almost the 90 mins. It was a solid performance and a pretty comfortable victory. We were the better team.

Some people, when the negativity creeps in it never abates. I pity people who cant enjoy victories.

Guest Ricardomeister
We're only the third to have beaten Bolton at the Reebok this year after Arsenal and Manure.

or a more realistic figure to quote, the 7th to win at the Reebok in the league this season! :winkold:

We got 3 points but that second half performance won't get us very far in the long run.

Heard it all before mate. For years we've apparently been shit and are going to be 'found out'. I'm still waiting.

I don't know what point you are trying to make.

We scraped past a poor Bolton side, that's no recipe for success.

Aye, but when you combine it with wins at Old Trafford, Anfield, the sty, not losing to Everton, Spurs and City (teams we're in competition with) it does go a long way.

Great way to respond to the Chelsea defeat.

Fantastic response to the last few poor results. Today really was a 'must win', we stepped up and delivered which I'm really pleased about. It's annoying to think that we should really be in 4th anyway with those dropped points against wolves and Sunderland but I'm not too sure how we'd cope with all that pressure. Hopefully this win means we start to gain some form and momentum going into the remaining games and that our little blip won't return.

Deflating 2nd half after an excellent 1st.

Pretty much every player drifted away after the break, particularly Young. Downing's crossing is on a par with Carlos's, it's really starting to piss me off.

Mate what is your problem? 3 points and well deserved. Not a classic game but we were clearly better side and restricted them to half chances.

If you knew your football you'd know that away from home 1-0 up is a fragile position and you expect pressure in the second half from a home team. You may have noticed certain Barcelona - who know a bit about keeping the ball - succumb to this effect last week

I know some people view results as the be all and end all, and that's fair enough, but I look at performances to decide if we are improving as a side.

I was so excited in the first half as it looked like O'Neill had actually drummed it in to the players to pass and move in triangles. Then, second half, we completely reverted back to sloppy long balls down the channels.

Don't forget, goal difference could count for a lot come the end of the season.

Result = Decent. Performance (2nd half) = Bad.

Guest Ricardomeister

We are at least still in with a slim chance of the top 4, although clearly we are the outsiders as we cannot afford any more slip ups. I still think Citeh are the favourites.

Stuart Hall on 5Live saying that the Villa fans raised the roof and the team respond to the cacophony. Amazing what the fans getting behind you can do

Our away support is amazing, an absolute credit to the club. It's the fair weather home fans that embarrass us.