PL: Bolton a Match Thread 2010/04/03 15:00

limpid

People seem to be going into this game very negative. Ok we lost 7-1, but thats been coming. We were never going to go all the way to the end of the season unbeaten in the league since new year. So, thats the defeat out of the way.

Not saying that this is not loseable, but

We smashed them 5-1 at VP

They got banged 4 nil on their own turf last game

They got banged 4 nil by Sunderland nt long back

Were not the only team whos had a good hiding this season, and Bolton should be less confident than us imo

I think it'll be a bore draw, and both teams will be happy with it. 1-1

Expecting the team to be something like:

Friedel

Cuellar

Collins

Dunne

Warnock

Young

Milner

Downing

Petrov

Sidwell

Heskey

Team I'd like to see:

Friedel

Young

Warnock

Cuellar

Dunne

Young

Albrighton

Petrov

Milner

Delf

Heskey

Amongst the horror and bullshit of the past week I almost forgot we had a game this weekend. Time to remember we are ASTON VILLA and we are a good side and should win this game. A good win will do us all wonders, and I think we will get it.

I am not sure what way we should go for this game.

Should Martin play as near to the side as he can that played at Chelsea (as they have had a couple of days off this week) and tell them to show they are better than that or give as many of them as he can a rest in the hope they can show that in the semi-final?

Is our best hope this season beating a side that were 6 goals better than us 2 weeks earlier in a semi-final or going for a very strong season end in the league that might still see 4th in our sights (after all it was not the defeat against Chelsea but the size of it that has had us written off) if we can get back to performing as we did up until a couple of weeks ago?

I think Martin will go for playing as many of the team that started against Chelsea as he is able. At this stage it would be difficult to say whether cup or league is our more likely route to success but now is not the time to put all of our eggs in one basket.

If I were making the call I might go:

Freidel, Young, Cuellar, Davies, Warnock, Albrighton, Sidwell, Downing, Young, Delfouneso & Heskey.

I think it will be a tight game but back us to win 2-1 with Agent Zat having a hand in our win! :winkold:

I saw Bolton v Man Utd last week, and Bolton looked much better than the scoreline suggested. They certainly gave United a harder game than Villa gave Chelsea.

Judging from that, and the last two games I've seen Villa play (Wolves and Chelsea), I would say there is unfortunately a good chance they will beat us.

I expect at least some reaction from Villa, however, so if I wanted to bet on this I would probably go for 1-1. That's our favourite score this season, and has been our score at Bolton in three of the last four seasons (the other one being 2-2).

If we go can go one better than that and take home a hard-fought 1-0 or 2-1 win, I will be very pleased. Another draw (yet again) would be no disgrace, but a win is what we really need.

Amongst the horror and bullshit of the past week I almost forgot we had a game this weekend. Time to remember we are ASTON VILLA and we are a good side and should win this game. A good win will do us all wonders, and I think we will get it.

Great post, get yourselfs up to Bolton, cheap admission prices, one of the best away days in the league and you can pay on the door! Come on you Lions!

We might we might not, there is certainly no reason to say we should. We are on poor form and they have only lost twice at home since Coyle has been there and that was to Arsenal and Man Utd.

So, possibly out are; Dunne, Milner, Carew, Agbonlahor, Delph, Heskey, Reo-Coker, Harewood and Bouma. (Some obviously are more key than others)

If the worst happens I'd go with

--------------------Friedel----------------------

Young----Cuellar-------Collins--------Warnock

-------------------Petrov-----------------------

-----------Sidwell---------Downing------------

Albrighton-------------------------------Young

-----------------Delfouneso-------------------

and I'd worry.

subs would be: Guzan, Davies, Clark, Beye, Salifou, Osbourne and Weimann.

So, given that nobody wants to see that line up to what extent would you be prepared to risk the players that are carrying knocks after what happened when we tried it last weekend?

I wouldn't mind seeing that line up. Might even go one further and rest Warnock with Luke over to LB and Beye in at RB. I think that side could be quite exciting.

Obviously, if fit, I would bring Milner in for Sidwell and Gabby for Nathan but equally may just put the two on the bench if need a rest!

7 wins in 7 games. We're done for.

If its 7 from 7 for top 4 I think you might be right. But, I think a draw at Manchester City and 6 wins might be enough although we do need to start with a win at Bolton first and why not 19 from 21 points from the games we have left? :winkold: