PL: Bolton a Match Thread 2010/04/03 15:00

limpid

Friedel

Young Cuellar Collins Warnock

Young Sidwell Petrov Downing

Carew Delfouneso

Milner and Dunne need to be rested due to injuries.

Agbonlahor looks like he has an injury the way he went straight down the tunnel when subbed earlier.

If we can't beat Bolton with that team, then we may aswell give up now.

After three draws with Stoke, Wolves and Sunderland and then an epic 7-1 reverse, I think it's safe to say that our form can't get any worse. It IS safe, right? (I mean, relegation teams tend to pick up 2-3 points from a run of games like that.)

The sad thing is my belief in all the players is so shattered that I can't even pick a team. The only players I'd definitely play are Ashley and Big John. As they've rounded back into form, the rest of the team has fallen apart. The second Warnock was mentioned for England he fell apart. Never seen a player decline so suddenly, it's been noticable in every game I've seen. I would definitely drop him.

But I will say that the season isn't over, and anyone with a knock or exhausted should be rested for the semi. We're not getting 4th with our knackered team and three decent teams that would all have to screw up ahead of us, so let's accept it, blood the youngsters some more against a team we usually handle, and get ready for the semi.

Up the Villa, now more than ever.

Agree with 4serious

What has happened to Warnock?

Beye looked good and up for it against Chelsea.

My team for Bolton would be....

Friedel

Beye - Dunne - Collins - Young

Downing - Milner - Petrov - Young

Carew - Gabby/Fonz

We should rest Warnock and Cuellar. I think Warnock especially needs one.

Would be delighted with a win but I think we'll draw as we never seem to win at the Reebok stadium

We must go to Bolton and win confidently. Our away support is fantastic and we're playing a relatively weak team. This is a great opportunity to show the country we can bounce back.

As for the squad, I don't really know, but Dunne should definitely be dropped for this.

Given our current form and performances a trip to Bolton is not a fixture you would choose and this one will be tough for a lot of reasons.

Bolton have despite the result yesterday been pretty good at home since Coyle arrived, I think they've only been beaten by Arsenal and Utd in fact.

Both sides will be looking to bounce back after heavy defeats and can see the game being very keenly contested and tight.

So I will predict 0-0 or a low scoring draw.

Bolton have despite the result yesterday been pretty good at home since Coyle arrived,

Coyle knows a thing or two about getting his teams to pass the ball and I quite expect to be embarrassed again.

Guzan

Young, Collins, Davies, Warnock

Young, Sidwell, Petrov, Downing

Carew, Gabby

Albrighton (why was he not on bench against chelsea? inj?), Cuellar, Beye, Delfounso...Anyone else who is fit..

Really missing NRC and Delph, both Milner and Petrov need to rested.

I would play:

Guzan

Beye Cuellar Collins Luke Young

Albrighton Sidwell Milner Ash Young

Delfoneuso Carew (if fit)

Warnock has been shocking for weeks. And the "first team" need to be rested and sent a message that they are not guarenteed starters every game. Plus other players need to be given a chance.

But obviously this will never happen as it will be the same old team picked by Mr O'Neill again.

Haven't looked forward to a match with so much uncertainty for some time.

I hope they can bounce back but who's to say what effect the 1-7 drubbing will have on them?

It may be we will come to regard a hard fought draw as a the start of the recovery.

Personally, I would put Cuellar at Right Back again but Warnock is playing so badly at LB at the moment that maybe I would put Luke Young there, as he has done a decent job in past games.

I'm not expecting that to be a popular view on Villatalk.

I agree about Warnock briny... I reckon Luke Young is actually a better left back than him anyway. Less prone to making costly mistakes, certainly. But _please_, no more Cuellar at right back.

About time we rested/dropped a whole bunch of the players from the Chelsea game. And give Delf a start, he offers far more of a goal threat than Heskey or a half fit Gabby. Problem is it seems half of our fringe players are carrying knocks.