PL: Bolton a Match Thread 2010/04/03 15:00

limpid

This will be a good test of just how good a manager O'Neill is. We got absolutly humiliated last weekend and it's up to him to get the players to restore our pride.

Saying that, I'm not confident!

Kevin Davies normally plays well against us at the Reebok, Elmander for some reason scores against us and that lad Wiltshire has the ability to give us the run around!

The best I can see is 1-1 but more likely a 2-1 defeat.

Not good enough!

Bolton have been really shit recently so they'll really want to win which makes it harder for us so this is do or die really for 4th spot and if we don't win I think it'll be over. If Carew isn't fit I really hope MON uses his head and just plays a 4-5-1... Heskey's been a waste recently and doesn't deserve to get back in the team.

The best I can see is 1-1 but more likely a 2-1 defeat.

Not good enough!

:lol:

I've put Ash back in the dream team, think he is getting back to his best, Gabby hopefully back. 3-1 Villa win.

Fantastic result, well done Villa!

:lol:

I dreamt last night that we lost 5-2 and the last two goals were both diverted past Friedel by divots. Subconsciously preparing myself for the worst?
We lost 5-2 to them at the Reebok in 2004 in the Carling Cup SF.

Former Aston Villa defender Gary Cahill says his former club do not have the stamina to finish in the top four this season.

The Bolton centre-half left Villa Park for the Reebok Stadium in 2008 and has been a hit with for the Trotters so far.

Following Villa's embarrassing 7-1 defeat to Chelsea last weekend, Blues captain John Terry came out to say he expected the Claret and Blues to fade after 60 minutes.

And despite opposition from manager Martin O'Neill, Cahill concurs with Terry's appraisal of his old club.

"I won't criticise Martin O'Neill because everyone can see he's a good manager," he said in The Sun.

"But he's been fortunate with the amount of cash that's been available to him. He's built a good team there, a strong side.

Stamina

"They are always challenging but it seems they tail off at the end of the season.

"They don't seem to have that stamina to go all the way - but it might come in time."

Cahill will line-up against his former club on Saturday as Villa look to get their top-four push back on track.

"In a way I was surprised Villa let me go," he added.

"Maybe if the manager had taken a bit more time with me I could have become a bit of a fixture there.

"But I came here and I've bettered my career. I've got into the England set-up playing for Bolton Wanderers."

Old boy has a dig, time to ram these words down his throat.