New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Now, I dont know whether people know, but in Baseball, the away team ALWAYS wear black.

That's not true. I watch around 125 baseball games a season and I don't think the majority of teams ever wear black uniform.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having done a quick Google it does seem its a 3 year deal but no confirmation of the value.

I think it was about £20 million over 3 years - MM confirmed it was close to this earlier in the thread?

I'm also interested in other sponsors that we'll announce over the next few weeks - I notice Carlsberg and Seat Exchange are no longer "platinum partners".

I wonder if it's because they might have gotten better deals there as well?

Would be great if they did.

Imagine if we could get another £1m or so extra from all the other deals, that would mean we have just increased revenue each year by £7m.

Add to that the fact that ST prices are a little higher (although still lower than a lot of clubs) and (hopefully) we will get a couple of new players in that might help increase attendance, we could see us earning more than ever this year.

And if we have good cup runs again in all 3 comps then even better.

rubbish kits,

Away top ruined by the red sponsor. It just looks stupid.

Sponsor looks bad as it has tagline.

The tagline itself riles me who refers to foreign exchnage as 'ForEx'? It's cringe worthy.

It's great that we have a sponspor that we deem to be worthwhile (i.e. to move away from acorns) but the tagline would make a good shirt poor and the colour onj the away - for me at least- just ruins it.

Poor show Villa.

Also that tracksuit top with the Lion on is awesome, but again is ruined / well severely let down by teh AVFC on the back.

Whilst I'm on the moan, I hate the AVFC on our badge, we're ASTON VILLA not AVFC - it just devqalues the image of the club resorting to abreviations. Randy and the guys have gone along way to improve our image, but I think the new badge was a shit choice and these kits are very, poor indeed. The Hummel ones were far better then these.

I think the best top we've had in ages was probably the diadora rover shirt, I did like last seasons and the previous 2 Nike ones were nice but this top is a step backwards :(

Well there's a surpirse!

Let's face it, the kits would better with NO words on them. As this would mean the club would miss out on around £20m in the next 3 years, the kits will have words on. However, as long as the words are not offensive, I don't think the club could dictate, to a company paying millions, what it should do with allocated space on the kits, just because fewer words look slightly better!

I think it was about £20 million over 3 years - MM confirmed it was close to this earlier in the thread?

I've been told this as well by people who should know. Not at the Villa end, but apparently it's £20 million although some of that is dependent on league performance etc.

Was walking through the ICC this morning on the way to Bham Chamber of Commerce and they had huge banners for the new kit and I have to say both home and away look great. I wasn't sure of the away with the sponsors in Red but you know what, it's bloody grown on me and looks gorgeous!

I wasn't sure of the away with the sponsors in Red but you know what, it's bloody grown on me and looks gorgeous!

I think the red and black with the claret and blue squares looks hideous personally. They've still never brought out a kit that is a patch on any of yours Stew.

I wasn't sure of the away with the sponsors in Red but you know what, it's bloody grown on me and looks gorgeous!

I think the red and black with the claret and blue squares looks hideous personally. They've still never brought out a kit that is a patch on any of yours Stew.

I meant to say the kit looks gorgeous, not the sponsors thing in red. That works better than I first thought when looking at it. The kit overall looks prettty smart.

Though yes, not a patch on any I've done! hahaha!

They've still never brought out a kit that is a patch on any of yours Stew.

Actually you've done some great ones Stewiek, do you work in that field? If not perhaps you should.

not at all the red works better on the black than white would.

Problem I have is with the tagline, it's shit. everything else is all good to me though.

agreed

but how hard would have been for them to make it claret rather than red?

Problem I have is with the tagline, it's shit. everything else is all good to me though.

agreed

FxPro's logo is red which is why its red.

agreed

To be honest, I think light blue would've been the better option for the sponsor on the away kit. That way it would both conform to the colour scheme and stand out from the black.

agreed

FxPro's logo is red which is why its red.

Also, claret on black is hardly going to stand out is it?

It's not as though they're likely to be happy about spending x amount of £ on a sponsorship deal that you can't even see from 40ft or further.....

true trent

but bet 32red did it for us and is acorns the same blue on last years shirt or black?

they're a company 99/100 people have never heard of, if they'd have gone claret for us how many people would have said "aren't they usually red?"

true trent

but bet 32red did it for us and is acorns the same blue on last years shirt or black?

they're a company 99/100 people have never heard of, if they'd have gone claret for us how many people would have said "aren't they usually red?"

Acorns weren't paying us they were happy to have their name on the shirt anyway we wanted.

As for FxPro, the point is the logo is there logo because nobody is aware of them over here they are trying to build brand awareness. You don't build brand awareness without a strong brand and you don't have a strong brand by **** around with your logo.

I am not sure I like any of the new kits. I would say that the only part I have any liking for is the home shirt. The socks are appalling, the away shirt should have claret and blue lettering on the front instead of bloody reddish pink, and the goalkeeper's shirt is terrible. Friedel will probably injure himself so he doesn't have to wear that monstrosity every week.

I think some of the guy's efforts earlier in this thread were much better than what Nike have designed for us!

Â