New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

There was a recent complaint that we've released shirts late over the last few years. My understanding is the choice of sponsor/no sponsor etc obviously has a knock on effect, and if we are still trying to find someone to give us money now, then I'd suggest that it may be later than the date beginning to surface. It may not seem it, but shirt designs are done WAY in advance - next season's will already be in prototype - I bet Nike don't like us leaving things to the last minute like this!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I worded it wrong when saying rumoured Vodafone sponsorship. Fixed it now so it reads proper loik-

"Thought I'd do a mock up using the Dutch top and one of the names being bandied around as possible sponsor, Vodafone..."

Thought I'd do a mock up using the Dutch top and one of the names being bandied around as possible sponsor, Vodafone...

villa1011.jpg

Vodafone logo will be red as this is what they did on Dublin G.A.A jersey.

Thought I'd do a mock up using the Dutch top and one of the names being bandied around as possible sponsor, Vodafone...

villa1011.jpg

Vodafone logo will be red as this is what they did on Dublin G.A.A jersey.

But this is what they did on the Utd Soccer jersey

ManUtdHSS0405.jpg

Regarding the points about brand development - remember that these days the Premier League is international and the sponsorships follow that. Man Utd are sponsored by a big Americorp, Standard Chartered are predominantly a Far East bank even though their HQ is in London.

I don't know which overseas territories would be relevant enough to attract a sponsor to us as that does probably fit more with the "supporters" of the Sky4 but we might end up with a brand that few of us in the UK have heard of.

Regarding the points about brand development - remember that these days the Premier League is international and the sponsorships follow that. Man Utd are sponsored by a big Americorp, Standard Chartered are predominantly a Far East bank even though their HQ is in London.

I don't know which overseas territories would be relevant enough to attract a sponsor to us as that does probably fit more with the "supporters" of the Sky4 but we might end up with a brand that few of us in the UK have heard of.

We could be sponsored by Playboy its an international brand and fits in with supporters

Peopl saying stufflike "I can't believe we have to resort to basically begging companies through e-mail to think about sponsoring us"...

That's how sponsorship and marketing works. I can tell you for a fact that Tottenham's sponsorship department are working like crazy at the moment trying to find someone to replace Mansion, and a lot of the work involved is calling big companies up and offering them the opportunity.

The fact people get riled is just bizarre when you understand that's how the sponsorship world works. Like the papers going mental about John Terry's agents sending out a thing offering him for sponsorship... don't people realise that's what everyone does? Do you think Nike always phone Cristiano Ronaldo's agent rather than the other way aorund? In that case, what does Ronaldo pay him so much for? If we didn't want people to do this, we wouldn't have a sponsorship department. Even if someone offers us £5 million a season today we'll have people contacting companies tomorrow to see if they can get £6m.

Get some asian sponsorship.

Watched some show last night with people setting up businesses in Vietnam, some bloke wanted to sell Four Four Two and went around asking people who they supported and they all said Manchester United.

It's a huge market and we should tap into it.

i saw that too and i agree, however if some guy had said "macclesfield" im sure he got edited out, they just played into the fact that they have a utd magazine

im not overly fussed tbh, id rather have a huge western name, but if something eastern comes up with more money then who cares

Anything but apple. I can't be dealing with that smug company and their stupid logo on a Villa shirt.

It's an apple ffs.

And it would make us an iTeam or something gay like that - plus we'd go from acorns to apples and that just sounds rubbish, especially when we're trying to get people to take us seriously.

Anything but apple. I can't be dealing with that smug company and their stupid logo on a Villa shirt.

It's an apple ffs.

And it would make us an iTeam or something gay like that - plus we'd go from acorns to apples and that just sounds rubbish, especially when we're trying to get people to take us seriously.

Yes you are right, signing a sponsorship deal with one of the worlds biggest brands and putting an iconic logo on our shirt would simply be a disastor for us.

Who would ever take us seriously having a deal with a global brand we would be laughing stocks.

It's an apple ffs.

I'm glad its not just me that has a hate of all things Apple.

Peopl saying stufflike "I can't believe we have to resort to basically begging companies through e-mail to think about sponsoring us"...

That's how sponsorship and marketing works. I can tell you for a fact that Tottenham's sponsorship department are working like crazy at the moment trying to find someone to replace Mansion, and a lot of the work involved is calling big companies up and offering them the opportunity.

The fact people get riled is just bizarre when you understand that's how the sponsorship world works. Like the papers going mental about John Terry's agents sending out a thing offering him for sponsorship... don't people realise that's what everyone does? Do you think Nike always phone Cristiano Ronaldo's agent rather than the other way aorund? In that case, what does Ronaldo pay him so much for? If we didn't want people to do this, we wouldn't have a sponsorship department. Even if someone offers us £5 million a season today we'll have people contacting companies tomorrow to see if they can get £6m.

Fair enough, but didnt Tottenham only sign a huge deal with mansion 1 or 2 years ago?

I think what Trent is saying is that 2 years with a charity has earned us the right to sell our souls to the devil and climb into bed with Apple for the greater good.

Fair enough, but didnt Tottenham only sign a huge deal with mansion 1 or 2 years ago?

What are you getting at? That the marketing department disband or down tools for the first year or 2 after each big deal?

What are you getting at? That the marketing department disband or down tools for the first year or 2 after each big deal?

No, i mean based on that, I thought it was a fairly long term team so they wouldnt need to be looking for a sponsor? Duh.

Â