Scientific Experiment V2 #9 - MON(thly) Approval Ratings

Gringo

Are you satisfied with MON as manager  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with MON as manager

• Yes - MON can take us forward
    • No - end of the road

People boo him for not playing young and changing things, my guess is the same people will be giving him shit today

Yep.

People want Luke Young, they want rotation, they want 4-5-1. Well, you got it.

Though being serious, poor refereeing decisions and individual errors by players are 2 things that a manager can't do anything about. Not sure what people really expect MON to do there, play the game and ref it at the same time?

Most people are saying it was a good first half. Second half disgraceful (4-4-2 ;))

But no seriously, it was one of those days where Chelsea scored everything. I think every single defender made an error that cost us a goal at some point.

People have wanted rotation because of the exact reason today, everone was nackered. It's too late now.

I think when i saw Sidwell in the team and Gabby at right wing it was going to be a bad day. Did we have another shot after the goal.

He should have went to a diamond if he was going to play Sidwell with Petrov at base and Young at top in a 4-4-2

People boo him for not playing young and changing things, my guess is the same people will be giving him shit today

Yep.

Though being serious, poor refereeing decisions and individual errors by players are 2 things that a manager can't do anything about. Not sure what people really expect MON to do there, play the game and ref it at the same time?

I don't think Luke Young was individually at fault for any of the goals... please correct me if I am wrong.

We were 451 until the third goal.. then changed to 442 which made us even worse!

Rotation is a neccessity in todays game as you can't play a whole season with just 14 players playing all the time. If the manager is unable to use a rotation system in order to keep players fresh then perhaps it is the manager who is outdated rather than rotation being the problem

Yep.

Rotation is essential to stop fatigue, he just isn't doing it enough. MON's methods are archaic and won't help us get the 4th spot. The FA cup is the last shot of glory this season.

It wasn't the formation today , it wasn't Young , it wasn't even down to Gabby for some inexplicable reason being played on the wing.

What it was down to is for the third year running, our players are totally running on empty come Febuary and therefore have t play whilst injured, because, for the 3rd year running - MON has assembled a squad of crap players that he dont trust.

He moans of lack of squad and then sells Gardner - A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER !! - and sends SHorey out on loan to clubs 2 and 3 places below us.

Because of his stupid inept decisions, we end up in the year 2010 with the only midfielder on the bench being Mustapha Salifou !.

Whatever the reason for this yearly end of season slump - it is down to one man and one man only.

Personally, I think he will 100% walk at the end of the season. I'd pack him off sooner and place Cowans in charge with an experienced guy beside him temporarily (maybe Graham , Venables) and then spend the next 8 weeks wining and dining a top european coach who has access to a passport !

Rotation is a neccessity in todays game as you can't play a whole season with just 14 players playing all the time. If the manager is unable to use a rotation system in order to keep players fresh then perhaps it is the manager who is outdated rather than rotation being the problem

I agree, rotation certainly does help with tiredness and personally I would use rotation if I were a manager.

But one thing people are missing is that rotation also has it's negative points. Settled sides often perform well and rotating teams can unsettle a team. If we had rotated more during the season who is to say we won't have dropped more points? No one can say, but to simply assume we'd be in a better position by rotating players is a bit ignorant.

I agree, rotation certainly does help with tiredness and personally I would use rotation if I were a manager.

But one thing people are missing is that rotation also has it's negative points. Settled sides often perform well and rotating teams can unsettle a team. If we had rotated more during the season who is to say we won't have dropped more points? No one can say, but to simply assume we'd be in a better position by rotating players is a bit ignorant.

A point I've tried to make many times. Whenever I read about what MON should have done it's always talked about as though anything but 3 points is impossible.

We could have rotated more and been further away fro

spurs at this point.

Equally, we could finish strongly by rotating the squad more often.

A point I've tried to make many times. Whenever I read about what MON should have done it's always talked about as though anything but 3 points is impossible.

spurs at this point.

Or we could have rotated more and could now be above them... we shall never know.

What we now know is that we are very unlikely to finish above them and we have alot of knackered players

End of the road for me, and today has really topped it off.

He is still yet to do any better than the majority of our previous managers, even though he spent crazy amounts of money.

He has let 4th slip from our grasps twice in two years.

We have just been humiliated 7-1

We can't beat teams when it matters, e.g. Wolves and Sunderland at home.

He is a good manager, but I don't think he can take us to the next step unfortunately.

spurs at this point.

Yes but it's neccessary to rotate. We don't know whether rotating in some games would lead to better results in the future but we also know that no rotation leads to tiredness when the games come thick and fast and we saw it last year too so at least try something different.

We're not talking about mass rotation everygame like 4/5 changes every game.

But 1/2 changes every couple games games wouldn't of hurt.

We beat Fulham and Liverpool earlier in the season with an average defence. We also competed for alot of the season without Downing. We're not that bad in back-up. I.e top 6 I know he wouldn't do it even if they were fit but like throughout the season just as an example...

Young Petrov Milner Downing Carew Gabby

Young Petrov Delph Milner Carew Gabby

Young Reo-Coker Milner Downing Carew Gabby

Young Petrov, Coker, Milner, Downing, Gabby.

Young Petrov Delph Downing Carew Gabby

Young Re-Coker Milner Young Carew Delfouneso

Albrighton Petrov Milner Downing Carew Gabby

Young Petrov Milner Downing Heskey Gabby

etc...

I'm not saying it's that simple and everyone was fit but at least little changes here and there will keep players fresh. It's not as if we haven't got the quality.

We have alot of quality throughout the squad, if we use it from the start of the season then I think over the course of the season, we could be more successful. Also it means around this stage of the season, your best team would be ready to play alot of important games. Right now, alot of our best players are struggling hence the poor form. If you can keep them fit by giving them a week rest for 3/4 games throughout the season then it could do the world of good.

Unless someone is on fire like Carew and Gabby. Rests can do players alot of good. Milner put so much into that Wigan game and has been carrying an injury since and yet has played the last 3 games inside 7 days and has been poor in all of them. Give the lad a rest and let him come back stronger.

Guest Ricardomeister

I think we all need to be behind MON until the end of the season as there is no point sacking anybody at this stage of the season. However, if the season continues to go downhill, as seems likely, then it would be totally irresponsible not to ask some serious and searching questions in the summer.

Still think he'll walk.

this.

And I think that we'll see a possibly record-breaking managerial wage paid to his successor.

I think that would be difficult, not so much in that we'd struggle to pay it or wouldn't be prepared to, but because the kind of manager that merits it wants a certain type of job.

It's different to the US where I know Randy pays really incredible money for the best staff. In the NFL there is a chance for the best staff to make a team the best team, that's not true here.

The highest paid manager in the world (and let's face it, it ought to be Mourhino) wouldn't just want the highest wage in world football in order to come here, he'd also want guarantees that there would be enough money in the pot to compete with the top clubs in Europe, and to compete with them quickly.

We're talking about a couple of hundred million pounds of quick investment, a doubling of the wage bill and a crippling debt, because there is no way a manager capable of demanding the very highest of salaries would stomach the idea of not being in a position to win things right from the off.

If we continue with Randy Lerner's excellent policy for organic growth and we have a bit of luck and things work out right for us, then we might be in a position to get the worlds very best and highest paid coach in a decades time.

Other than that, we'd just be overpaying a good manager in the hope it'd make him great.

Still at 60% - even after our worst defeat in over 30 years.

Don't think there is a cat in hells chance of MON getting the sack. He may walk , or announce his intention to leave if we loose the cup semi.