The VT Baby club

kimmie

Take it you don't like that name then ha? Cheers mate anyway. Ye got a boy already don't know how were gonna cope with another baby

No, love the name man.

I was trying to drop in a 'Police Squad' style gag about your use of the word "aloud".  You're only allowed to use the word aloud, if you're going to shout. :mrgreen:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had the first scan Friday, strong heart beat and everything normal, estimated 11 weeks and 6 days which gives us a date of august 1st

waiting for the 20 week one now to find out what it is, then the draining of my bank account will begin

• Like 4

that's great news, it'll give you something to do closed season

make sure the missus is up and running within a week or two mind, or you'll be cleaning up green and black shit nappies instead of supporting Red Bull Villa

Already got the nappy thing nipped in the bud, when my neice was born I had to change her nappy and once I opened it I threw up because of the smell, don't have the stomach for it.

Hoping for a boy, for no reason other than if its a girl my missus wants to elbow the name Mary in there after her nan and im not calling my child Mary.

Already got the nappy thing nipped in the bud, when my neice was born I had to change her nappy and once I opened it I threw up because of the smell, don't have the stomach for it.

Hoping for a boy, for no reason other than if its a girl my missus wants to elbow the name Mary in there after her nan and im not calling my child Mary.

If it's a boy it has to be called either Brad or Christian.  :D

I think the phrase I'm looking for is "Man up".

It's a nappy/poo FFS. It's not the same quantity as adult poo, and a few baby wipes later the job's done (so to speak). My current issue with changing a pooey nappy (20 months old) is that our litte girl Martha hates nappy change time, and will wriggle like an eel once you've commenced the operation, which can lead to disastrous consequences if she wriggles free mid change ....

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I think the phrase I'm looking for is "Man up".

It's a nappy/poo FFS. It's not the same quantity as adult poo, and a few baby wipes later the job's done (so to speak). My current issue with changing a pooey nappy (20 months old) is that our litte girl Martha hates nappy change time, and will wriggle like an eel once you've commenced the operation, which can lead to disastrous consequences if she wriggles free mid change ....

My daughter is a couple of months older, I just threaten to tickle her feet if she messes me around :P

Shame that tactic doesn't work to get her to sleep in her own bed, she still sleeps in ours :( RIP sexlife

• 1 month later...

Had the second scan this morning, got a little girl on the way, everything seemed normal but they did pick up something which isn't normal but they seemed confident it was nothing serious, just got to go back in a week for another scan

^^ If its your first Jimzk5 I understand your anxiety. I'm on number 2 due on the 9th April and rapidly came to the conclusion they haven't got a **** clue what they're on about. We had a growth scan at 32 weeks where they said Princess E 2.0 was about 4lbs 8oz. I asked what they thought the final birth weight would be and got told: "We don't make predictions, but the baby will put on about 1lb in weight every fortnight from this point." Ok, said I, that makes it about 8 1/2 ibs at term. What the margin for error "About 20%".

Great, so said baby could be anywhere between 6 and 10lbs. I could have **** told you that without the scan.

My sister gave birth to a boy at the start of last month, he was 8 weeks premature and weighed just 4lbs.  He's home now. Still quite small (5lbs) but otherwise healthy. :) 

• Like 4

As I've said before my girl is due july 5th and it was agreed we could call her scarlett, anyway the ex changed her mind the other week. She wants the name pearl. What do you lot reckon? I'm unsure about it. I don't mind pearl jam and I like janis joplin's pearl album but name for my girl I'm not sure.

Â